Hello gabe, whats the story?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
brad in s.c.
Hello gabe, whats the story?

Post by brad in s.c. » Thu May 05, 2005 12:51 pm

You swappin' your italian kites for some chrome ones?

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Thu May 05, 2005 2:44 pm

Yeah Gabe, I'd like to hear your review on the kite. If you could take a few and write it up that would be cool.

Blair

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu May 05, 2005 9:16 pm

bdawg wrote:Yeah Gabe, I'd like to hear your review on the kite. If you could take a few and write it up that would be cool.

Blair

You guys are going to have to wait for the June/July isuue of Kiteboarding Magazine if you want my opinion on these kites.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Fri May 06, 2005 8:24 pm

aw gabe :( :( :( :(

i cant wait that long, cant you atleast tell us whether the stuff im reading is all hype or if its true?

Youre the only nonbiased rider whos ridden it so far.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Sat May 07, 2005 8:13 am

I am, aren't I? Isn't that the kind of gear review content you want to see from the magazine? Unfortuneatly for the product that I produce (Kiteboarding Mag) to be good, I have to keep my mouth shut so that you will all read about it in the mag.
You have kites you like right now, right...so what's the hurry?
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Big Al
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Big Al » Sat May 07, 2005 11:28 am

when does the issue come out? How many issues do you produce in a year?

kies

GABE

Post by kies » Sat May 07, 2005 1:36 pm

Gabe,
I have been in publishing (magazine and newspaper) for 20 years. 85 years of publishing between me my bro and my dad.

YOU ARE 100% Correct.

Quality publishing has the reader in mind. Honest reviews. There is so much crap out there (in all markets ski, golf, widgets etc..) regurgitating a brochure, it =D> =D> s a joke, and that's what they all do. they won't offend anyone. A lot of 'em even refrain from discussing companies like BEST for fear of offending advertisers that disagree with BEST.

As a reader that is obvious, and insulting my intelligence. Which is why we will continue to turn to forums like Ollie's, since no mag (few) will give a real review. I know advertising pays for issues, but just imagine if the Wallstreet Journal didn't report on any advertiser out of fear....bye bye reader...bye bye newspaper. Run a smaller folio if you have to...but keep the edit the way it is....HONEST, FAIR, FUN, and cool.

As for advertisers...Smart competitors will run ads with there story, rbutting if they wish, the comments in reviews. I f i am the one reading the review and about to buy, I am also the one reading the ads...about to buy. Smart advertiser will Not run and hide. You run, you lose. Your silence or absence speaks louder...you are admitting defeat. Everyone has an edge and has uniqueness. We are all smart enough to know that you may like something we won't, and may hate something we will love...depending on size, weight, style,location, skill level etc....

You guys will have us as solid loyal readers as you continue to report the truth. Publish for us and the ads will come, we all buy a lot more than just kites too.

You guys rock Gabe!.. =D> ..I am waiting with baited breath. Good bad indifferent I am stoked to continue my subscription and purchase more issues for my family that kites.

Unbias...I have flown, fly and own WW, Naish, GLobeRider, Best, Gaastra. Been kiting since 2001. Sell advertising for an Investment pub, no affiliation to any kite co.
Peace
Kies

kies

gabe

Post by kies » Sat May 07, 2005 1:38 pm

ooops

messed up on the clapping guy.
oh well...not a techie

PS Ollie....great friggin website and service =D> :mrgreen:

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Sat May 07, 2005 5:33 pm

Alright Gabe, definitely just too impatient i guess. I'll just wait until the issue ships. You're way right though, too often kiteforum has spoiled me on "new innovations" that when i finally get the mag a month later, i just brush it off to the side.

i'll be patiently waiting for the mag, keep me in suspense.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Sat May 07, 2005 10:07 pm

gabe..why is your computer on sat night....get any today? sounds like the boys had fun at ti...showing it for pier 39..congrats to chip

bob