Autolink to Best?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Pablito(guest)
Autolink to Best?

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu May 05, 2005 6:33 pm

Wow,
Everytime I tried to read the post on the new Best kite, I was automatically redirected to the Best website. I assume that wasn't something Ollie set up. Infuriating.

So I hate to get analytical, but this new sailcloth is as "strong as aluminum"? I mean, is it as strong as Reynolds Wrap? A Pepsi Can? A door panel on a Ford pickup that you can dent with one finger? This is a meaningless comparison. I would venture that most kite fabrics might be stronger than a piece of aluminum the same thickness.

With all kites designed pretty well now, and many of them made by the same factory in China, I think we're seeing the beginning of a marketing war of immense proportions, and the B.S. will be flying fast and thick.

Then, the mergers will begin...

Cynically,

Paul

feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by feixaq » Thu May 05, 2005 6:36 pm

sorry on my part for including the weblink, there is some javascript on that page that closes the window and reopens a new best window :( irritating as all hell. i would've edited my post but don't see an option to do that on this forum.

David (guest)

Post by David (guest) » Thu May 05, 2005 9:33 pm

I had the same experience as Pablito. I tried several times to read the article (which by the way had more info than the site with the broken links!), but kept getting a reload to the Best website. That's no way to work up new business!

cheers,

David

RobsterCraw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RobsterCraw » Thu May 05, 2005 9:52 pm

anyway that kite seems pretty sick. and tough. I wonder if that material will do well in non-inflatables.

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Fri May 06, 2005 5:48 am

RobsterCraw wrote:anyway that kite seems pretty sick. and tough. I wonder if that material will do well in non-inflatables.
wouldn't a non-inflatable require twice as much of the fabric (assuming they use it for the whole kite?) That would make one kite over $2000. yikes.

Blair

Post by Guest » Fri May 06, 2005 2:19 pm

bdawg wrote:wouldn't a non-inflatable require twice as much of the fabric (assuming they use it for the whole kite?) That would make one kite over $2000. yikes.
Foil have much more that twice, you have about three time. Upper surface, lower surface, and internal structure like ribs and cross links, vents and a lot more.

So you are looking at $3000 :)