Sherman Island/Emeryville, Berkeley, Oakland buddy

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
MojoMaster
Joey
Joey
Re: Sherman Island/Emeryville, Berkeley, Oakland buddy

Post by MojoMaster » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Yes, you are right. However, I am hoping the wind picks up.

vibekemi
Joey
Joey

Post by vibekemi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:48 am

So if its windy one day and you guys are going out just let me know, okey? I really wanna go out kiting soon! :) My nr is 510- 520- 4701

switters
Contributor
Contributor

Post by switters » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:15 am

I'm another beginning kiteboarder living in Oakland. I can't stay upwind reliably yet, but my guess is that will happen in the next couple of sessions. The only spot I've kited at so far is Sherman Island, mostly because I learned there and have a couple of friends that go out there. I only have a 9M kite right now, so Alameda has been out. I'd love to check out 3rd Ave at some point, and as soon as I can stay upwind I'm also interested in checking out other spots like Berkeley and Point Isabel. I'd like to get a couple of rides from Nat up to Kitopia and do some downwinders at Sherman before the season is out.

Mondays, Wednesdays (after 1:00) and weekends are best for me. PM me if interested in going out together. Don't want to post my phone # to the forum.

schwede
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by schwede » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Before you go out and check out Berkeley and Point Isabel make sure you have very solid kiting skills. These are not beginners spots by any means.

switters
Contributor
Contributor

Post by switters » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks for the warning! Yeah, I have a buddy who is pretty advanced and he's given me the lowdown on those spots. I won't be out there anytime soon, but hopefully in the not-too-distant future.