Berkeley Rideshare to 3rd Ave. or Sherman Wed/Fri/Sat

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
Htanner
Joey
Joey
Berkeley Rideshare to 3rd Ave. or Sherman Wed/Fri/Sat

Post by Htanner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey all, just got acquainted with the site. Pretty sweet stuff! I'm a beginner and I live in Emeryville and have been gettin out to Alameda a lot lately (a lil too much) and am trying to get onto 3rd ave. or Sherman. Looking to kite on Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays around 3:30 or 4:00. So if your schedule is about the same then lemme know. I've got a 4 seater Honda that can make the trip with about 3 people max. If your car is better suited then I'll just throw in some gas money. Thanks for readin!

rvv
Regular
Regular

Re: Berkeley Rideshare to 3rd Ave. or Sherman Wed/Fri/Sat

Post by rvv » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

If you can stay upwind why not say hello to your local crew at the emmery point launch? See launch criteria elsewhere on this site see link https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/ind ... f=23&t=842
Try that if you can stay upwind. Starting your session that late this may be more convenient for you. The winds been good there this season. Talk to c-dog (Charlie) or find another local kiter to assist you! Good luck! O:)
Royce V
KGBswag

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey Hans,

If you come by Pt. Emery and talk to me (Ollie), Charlie, or Dave we'll give the 411 on what you need to know. If you can edge hard upwind right away and stay upwind we can give some local knowledge that could make all the difference in the success of your sessions...

super_monkey
Regular
Regular

Post by super_monkey » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 pm

I live literally accross the street from pt emery. Where do you live in emeryville?

Htanner
Joey
Joey

Post by Htanner » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Would have replied sooner but I didn't get any email notification of your replies. I haven't been able to get any steady wind days at Alameda (for the times I've been able to go). I've just been getting such mixed responses as to whether or not I should hit up 3rd. I equate my days learning at Alameda to the bunny slope - super safe - but you can't get ANY speed, at least not lately. I remember when I was learning to snowboard, I got 10 times better when I just manned up and went on the freaking chair lift to the top of the mountain. The ease of turning with sufficient amount of speed made a world of difference. Ollie and others, I'll be going out the same time (MON, WED, FRI at 4). So before headin to the bunny slope (Alameda) I'll just stop by point emery and see if you guys are there. Some pointers on riding that spot (point emery) would be awesome. I live at 55th and San Pablo (Hookers...YES!) So i'm a matter of 5 minutes away. Hopefully I'll see you guys out there. Again, the words of wisdom are MUCH appreciated.