Who's going to Crissy to check out the windwing guy's?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School
Who's going to Crissy to check out the windwing guy's?

Post by dewey » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:58 pm

Okay so it looks like it's going to be at Crissy today. Who's going, and what time. Olllie have you heard anything yet??

Dewey
Dewey

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:44 pm

Well I just got home from Pismo, I don't think I could make the 2 hour drive to Crissy. Good luck to the WW guys. If you get a chance to go make sure to go. They are really nice guys. I spoke to them alot this weekend.

Most of all I love my outrages!!!!

Dewey
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: Who's going to Crissy to check out the windwing guy's?

Post by OliverG » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:21 pm

dewey wrote:Okay so it looks like it's going to be at Crissy today. Who's going, and what time. Olllie have you heard anything yet??

Dewey
Today actually turned out to be pretty good at Crissy. I headed out at just after 2pm, there was no traffic and I was out on the water kiting by 3pm or so. Flash, Bill Hansen, John B, and John C. were all there and set up. Flash went out on a Rap15m and John B. on a Rap12 and I started out on a Rage II 12 (don't have a Rap yet) and then moved to an Outrage 14 to huck some air near the beach and to try and get some good shots as John C. had his camera with a big 'ol lens, so hopefully some of them turned out good.

I sure hope we get some good wind tomorrow!

Ollie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:01 pm

Where there a lot of people to demo the kites???
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:40 pm

dewey wrote:Where there a lot of people to demo the kites???
I think a couple people did, but Crissy is a tough sell as the resident kiting population is at least of the intermediate and sometimes advanced sort and you may find more brand loyalty among them and/or comfort on their own gear, although conditions today were mellow. Expos and places like Alameda and Sherman are likely better for demo'ing kites. My take on it anyway.....