Alameda Night Riders

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Bob
Regular
Regular
Alameda Night Riders

Post by Bob » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:47 am

Who are those guys??

Two folk had a great nighttime session last night in Alameda. The wind was on shore from the south. Sylvia, General Lee and I spotted them riding at the South Shore Mall end of the beach @ sunset in a modest breeze but an hour + later the wind was kickin and those two night riders were having a rippin sesh! Great moon light for riding too. Definitely a ride for the blog.

Probably the only wind of the weekend too....sigh....

Looked like a Green North and a Gray Best.

Who were those guys???

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:51 am

Scott and Andy. They never came back and maybe stayed there over night? :-)

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:57 pm

They were not out at dawn when I walked the General
Vampire kiters?? :wink:

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:51 am

I noticed them too, after I left the kite store at about 8+. Wind seemd OK, something like 15. Are there any safety issues riding at night in Alameda? There are some obstacle marked, not so visible at night.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:18 am

Andy lives right there and looks at that stretch of beach everyday from his window...Scott is loco too eerr I mean -- local...

Check out the posting of Alameda Hazards photos that show where the rocks and tower are located. Ollie has em on this site.

The rule of thumb is stay two kite lines away from the waters edge and don't go between the two flags by the shack when the square concrete post on the outside flag is showing four inches. Do that and avoid the tower bouy by 20 yards and you will be fine. The only other worry and its a stretch to get there are the rocks over by Bay Farm Island but that is a different story.