RRD ZH kites deliver!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
SPAMAN13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SPAMAN13 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:09 pm

sounds great...whats so special about it compaired to the current kite manufactureres? is this kite newbie friendly?

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:44 am

The relaunch feature on the ZH kites (with a 5th line) are incredibly newbie-friendly IMHO. Last night I saw a windsurfer slogging waist-deep at Crissy as a ZH rider relaunched his kite in seconds in very marginal wind. He just pulled on the 5th line, the kite-tip rose up, marched to the edge of the window and flew to the zenith.

Makes me want to try some tricks that I would have avoided before due to the probability of getting the kite wet! I wish I could have started on something like this-- far less stressful.
Go bigga'

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:21 am

fearlu wrote:The relaunch feature on the ZH kites (with a 5th line) are incredibly newbie-friendly IMHO. Last night I saw a windsurfer slogging waist-deep at Crissy as a ZH rider relaunched his kite in seconds in very marginal wind. He just pulled on the 5th line, the kite-tip rose up, marched to the edge of the window and flew to the zenith.

Makes me want to try some tricks that I would have avoided before due to the probability of getting the kite wet! I wish I could have started on something like this-- far less stressful.
I have to say that I have not had the opportunity to use the 5th line to re-launch. I have put this kite down a lot of times but each time with about 5 strokes towards the kite it keeps such a good shape that a traditional re-launch is so easy.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:38 am

Regarding the 5th line, I crushed last week in heavy surf at HMB, and the water was pulling one tip of the kite down. I had 5 sec before the next set and pulled gently the 5th line (pulling too much is not helping) and litterally in less than 5 sec the water was released from the tip and I was back up ..... close call. These kites relaunch super easy!

SPAMAN13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SPAMAN13 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:26 am

one more question though, is the relaunch system for the ZH better than the recon bar? im really intrigue with this kite.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:31 pm

I have not tried the ZH yet...and the type wave is awesome. However, I do not see why nobody pays attention to the type 6. That is one killer kite...At some point this summer, there will be an update with a fifth line, and Simone told my kid on thursday that we will be diggin it...

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:50 am

It's just the "new design" buzz. Remember last summer when the T6 came out, we all had to get them? Now with two newer designs it's more to talk about. With your family situation (one quiver covers 4 riders) the T7 will, again, be the perfect choice.

I'm all amped on the ZH because I love POWER and BOOST above all else. It's better for the wife and kids to have the T6 I'm sure, since they are far lighter and they are so easy to handle, agreed?

That said, feel free to take a spin on my ZH anytime! Just ask and it's yours to try (but don't blame me if you buy a few!)
Go bigga'

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:16 am

Dave - right on all counts. Next time it's blowing 35 at rio,eel free to try my type wave 10, which is a pretty cool kite..I will have to check out the zh, cus I kinda like the boost thang..

looking for some crissy today..
bob

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

RRD Type ZH Manual

Post by Live2KITE » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:08 pm

Hey guys,
If you need a soft copy of the Type ZH manual please send me an email and I'd be happy to email it to you. It's available.
I hope you all enjoyed the meeting at the SFYClub on Sat, and for the ones who made it to Sloat it was a good fun with all the kites out there.
=D>
Ciao,
Live2KITE
info@live2kite.com

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:59 am

Regarding the Type Wave kites, I was intrigued by the ability to depower and loop the kite without generating the typical power one would expect. I saw this during a land demo at Crissy the other day. Seems like the perfect kite to practice kite loops on without paying huge dues.