Kiting Newby - Trade lessons for computer/software training?

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
wakehappy
Contributor
Contributor
Kiting Newby - Trade lessons for computer/software training?

Post by wakehappy » Sat May 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Want to help a new kiter get into the sport?

I'm interested in learning basic launch and water riding techniques. Making some kiting buddies around SF would also be great.

I'm new to the Bay Area and come from a background in wakeboarding and snowboarding. Currently unemployed with all the free time I ever wanted I'm searching for a creative outlet. So far I've logged about 10 hours on my Ozone 3.5m trainer and am ready to move forward with bigger kites and water vs sand...

In exchange for helping me learn the sport I can teach you how to build HTML, Dreamweaver or Flash Web sites, manipulate graphics with Adobe products such as Photoshop or Illustrator, build 3D models/animations with 3DS Max, use Microsoft Office, edit digital video or audio with Premier or Soundbooth, or just become familiar with basic PC or MAC operating systems.

Trained in Fine Arts and an experienced software instructor I have a Web and graphics biz doing freelance design- check out my site at http://www.exponentcreative.com to see what I do.

Any help / ideas are appreciated, cheers!

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kiting Newby - Trade lessons for computer/software training?

Post by Loscocco » Sat May 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Nice web site BTW
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 pm

WakeHappy-
I'm a pretty good kiter- been at it for about 10 yrs now.. I have this giant gas hogg'n jetski and plan on introducing a few friends to the sport this summer... If you'd like to trade services, I do this for FUN, I think we could work something out...
For money- I own a construction/contracting company and think it's about time to build a simple website.. Additionally- I have this Apple thingy and would LOVE someone showing me how to use it for more then just look'n at dirty pictures... (actually I never do)..
If that dosn't work out perhaps I'll just bribe you to help Ollie with this site... (he can use the help)
Anyway- YOUR IN!! (luck)
Welcome to the Nor-Cal kite seen!!!
L.M.G. (that stands for LoudMouthGreg) Team SlingShot
(510) 882-9389

BTW: respectable folks call me Gregory Boyington (thankfully most of my friends arn't that respectable- instead they are a Hell of allot more FUN!! Enjoy!)

wakehappy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wakehappy » Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 pm

LMG-

THANKS BROTHA! -And thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to getting out in it! My sched is wide open right now so let me know when you want to burn some gas. I can definately build you a slick business site and help you out with the Apple thingy as well (...don't forget about the dirty videos...haha).

Let me know your thoughts on this and your availability to talk shop. If Ollie needs some help send him my info, the new Beta site is looking great. Feel free to give me a ring- 208.447.9849

CHEERS!

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed May 06, 2009 10:24 pm

WakeHappy-
Your first assignment:
Contact Ollie, tell him what you do and say you want to BE HELPFUL..
I'll call you soon, L.M.G.

BTW: Ollie has some old kites laying around in the shop--you might get them for a song, ask about them if you don't have kites yet.

wakehappy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wakehappy » Thu May 07, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks LMG-

I am ON IT! Looking forward to talking with you.

...BTW I'm Joe