North touring bay 4/23-4/26.

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
windhorny
Old School
Old School
North touring bay 4/23-4/26.

Post by windhorny » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 pm

The van is already packed with 2009 gear and making its way to the bay area. 3rd/Alameda/Sherman/Crissy should all get a visit, wind permitting. Hopefully we actually get some wind of any kind.

I will try and post spots as they are revealed. I am sure one of the team riders will let you try one of their kites. I think Jon Van Malsen will be there as well.

I look forward to it

Dan.at.North
Joey
Joey

Re: North touring bay 4/23-4/26.

Post by Dan.at.North » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 pm

We're getting skunked down south, so we're leaving early and heading up to the Delta.

Tomorrow may be a good day to skip work and head to Sherman, as it's forecast to go big, we'll be there with tons of toys, and Jon will be on the water ripping it up.

We plan on being at the delta Wednesday and part of the day Thursday, until we head to Chrissy for the race. Friday we'll be at Third Ave. Saturday and Sunday are still TBA, so check back here or call your local dealer for updates.

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:34 am

I don't know. if i were you guys i would go 3rd - Crissy - Delta. I think 3rd should be good today crissy on thursday, and with the cooling and marine layer coming in from the south Sherman should be good this weekend. Maybe thats just my optimistic point of view. I just have this feeling that the delta will be on this weekend.

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:01 am

ramsy you don't think
some of this
http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/satlo ... vis&size=1
FoG love gonna reach the delta this afternoon.......?
i see its ticking angle island and at times My pT JoLLy
you better hope it doesn't come in hard as it could shut down 3rd ave
and crissy

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:29 am

oh yeah its coming. east bay and penn. will be good today fo sho, but when they're fogged in thats when sherman's the best!

lacasaverde
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lacasaverde » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Thanks for bringing all the new gear our to Sherman! It was fun to try out the new Rebel (very nice) and the Jaime (med--liked it a lot) and I gotta get me some of those foot pads! They were super snug and cozy. Just right! And a special shout out to Mother Nature for showing up with some fine Delta breezes!
It ain't easy being greene.

K. Cliff
Regular
Regular

Post by K. Cliff » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks for the demo you guys and it was nice meeting you Dan. My son's and I had a blast! Hope to see ya back this weekend so we can try a few more boards.
Deltaviking1@gmail.com
Shuttles available upwind from Pittsburg and Sherman all summer. Come see what kiting west has to offer.

cedralpass
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by cedralpass » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 am

Will you all be racing at 5pm, or will there be someone by the van to grab a demo kite from. Trying to get out early, Thursdays are hard for me. Anyway, hope to catch you one day this weekend, if all of you will be racing..

I want to upgrade my North 12m Rebel 07 and bar with a 11m 09. Had heard some bad reviews of the rebel, but now understand that there is some politics behind the review.

I am usually overpowered on my 12m rebel when my 9m is a little underpowered, so i am thinking my new quiver would be an 11m REbel 09 with my 9m rebel 08, and adding a 6m 09 for surf / windy days.

Thanks,

Geoff
Kites: Ocean Rodeo Rise 8m, 10m
Board: Mako Wide
Sites: http://www.wine.com , http://www.travelschemer.com

wjb
Resident
Resident

Post by wjb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Will the North crew make a return visit to Sherman Friday. Sounds like a good reason to take the afternoon off and score my first Sherman session this year.
It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. T.S.Eliot

lacasaverde
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lacasaverde » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Yeah, Yuri, I feel your pain. I have been caught in their lines a few times in the last week, and I didn't see them until I was in them. The easiest way out was just to reverse direction and try a higher angle to come in to the launch (cuz that's when it happened EVERY time!). However, dude, airess & sloughslut are spot on. I was a hella mad too and wanted to give them a piece, but remembered they had every right to be there as I did, and they are friendly guys enjoying the river like the rest of us. They'll move on to other parts in due time. And if they don't, so be it. Now if you see them leaving behind their trash....
It ain't easy being greene.