First walk of shame.

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin
First walk of shame.

Post by jjm » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:25 pm

Had my first walk of shame today. Didn't feel very shamed, just tired after walking upwind carring kite, board, and bar.

:)

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:28 pm

were your lines tangled HORRIBLY? because if it wasnt a BALL of stray lines its not technically a walk of shame. I've probably had about 9 or so balls of lines i've had to pick apart, no joke, this is including the times my lines have gotten tangled by being an idiot, one time i left my lines strewn out, and a couple hours later, high tide happened, haha.

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:40 pm

Actually, the lines weren't that bad. I detangled them a bit and re-wrapped them after I got back, because undoing them today was a pain.

I did have a semi failure with the safety though. Wrote about it in my blog...

walker

no such thing

Post by walker » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:22 am

There is no such thing as "walk of shame"...there is no shame in learning this great sport...I've been kitin for years, and still walk upwind many times: sometimes, because it's fun to do a downwinder in surf, sometimes because I'm learning a new move which takes you waayy downwind.....

Don't label, just enjoy the experience. Stop @ McDonalds, get some fries to fuel you for the next walk.

Good winds + waves, Zeev.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:05 pm

When I had to walk at Alameda I lost alot of weight. Maybe I should be walking too!! There is no shame in walking, and I get my lines blown into a ball all the time!!!
Dewey

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm

maybe no shame in a ball of lines, but spending an hour or two untangling it is kind of a pain in the ass, kind of. Then again with all the pluses of kiteboarding its DEFINITELY 9999x worth it.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:03 pm

Yeah, no worries. I spent an hour within the last week de-tangling a complete mess. Remember, most of it is just loops, not knots!

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:28 pm

I did that MMMMMMMMMMMMMAny times and I don't care if anyone is laughing at me. Well I don't think anyone really would feel ashame. I still do, but hey kiting is FUN! You can still enjoy the beautiful sunset over the bay. It's actually nice.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:15 pm

You will have many more!
On light air days when the best can not stay upwind we call this
RPM as in revolutions round and round.
Launch
Sail down wind
Walk up wind
Launch
Sail down wind
Walk up wind....anything to feed the jones!