Nor-Cal KITEPARK

Local weather resources and topics.
Greg
Old School
Old School
Nor-Cal KITEPARK

Post by Greg » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:49 am

Ladies and Gentlemen:

In development is a new CONCEPT for Nor-Cal RIDERS.
The "idea" is to DEVELOP kiteboarding in a caring and productive manner.

Every ship needs a rudder, for thrust alone leaves the ship UN-MANAGEABLE..

OUR SPORT is GROWING, yet we have little direction.. Pressure on our launches will eventually hit a tipping point, some of you already see this coming, for others the time has come..

A MAJOR COMPONENT of the proposed KITEPARK is to get us to WORK TOGETHER to help steer the ship.. Therefore- RIDE ALONG RULES will be IMPOSED on TEAM MEMBERS (Riders) of the KitePark in design phase at Shermin Island.. NO ONE wants to be ruled- but the fact is without adherance to the GUIDELINES, more riders will get SCHOOLED!!
We ALL hate to show up to find our FRIENDS broken up, tossed on the ROCKS OF DISPARE!!!!!! For this REASON- I HAVE proposed the Nor-Cal KitePark...

Personally- I don't plan on using this equipment much- but others probably will.. The most HARD-CORE among US will find this equipment VERY ATTRACTIVE.. MY GOAL is SAFTY , there goal is pulling off the impossable and getting EXPOSURE for their ACCOMPLISHMENTS.. I believe, WE CAN ACHIEVE BOTH... The idea is to use ATTRACTION rather then PROMOTION to achieve SAFTY..

How it works: When the playground is moved AWAY from the launch ZONES.. When the ACTION is happening somewhere OTHER then in FRONT of the L.Z., the PRESSURE will be drawn AWAY from the L.Z... Additionally the BEST RIDERS (the TEAM Riders) will HAVE to use basic safety equipment to be able to use the new equipment.. Lets FACE IT, when a guy like Ruben Len-10 show's up no-body PREACHING SAFTY can get his attention- he just goes and goes and goes, this has a profound effect on the whole scene.. The kids want to be JUST LIKE HIM- I don't blame them either because a guy like that is the CENTER OF ATTENTION!!!!!! Who wouldn't want to kite like GOD..
Well my plan "might" allow us to all to be happy- while allowing the best among us to get MAJOR EXPOSURE- instead of subjecting EVERYONE to major STRESS...

I ask you ALL to JOIN ME; SUPPORT the Riders, Support the KitePark, SUPPORT KITEBOARDING'S FUTURE, Support YOUR SELF INTEREST- THE PARK (Shermin Island).. We have one of the 7 natural wonders of the world (for kiters).. Lets make that a WONDERLAND, where everyone is STOKED to come and PLAY.... Please stay tuned to the developing idea's I'm proposing- LET'S WORK together for the GREATEST GOOD OF ALL....

Soon I will be pitching this idea to the local Kite Community- with THEIR APPROVAL, I will then pitch the idea to the governing bodies of the area.. Without backing, this concept is JUST AN IDEA, but I believe it's an idea who's TIME HAS COME!!! I WILL NOT FORCE MY IDEA'S ON THE COMMUNITY, instead- I will WORK VERY HARD TO WIN YOUR APPROVAL!!

This is about POSITIVE PEER PRESSURE! I do NOT want to draw negative attention to Northern Califorina's FINEST FLAT-WATER PLAYGROUND.. I will ASK YOU ALL to chime in and give feedback.. This discussion will be BATHED IN SUNSHINE!! (meaning very public discussion), for it MUST be community APPROVED FIRST!!

Don't fall down on the job- OUR FUTURE depends on OUR involvement. TELL YOUR FRIENDS, tell your side of the story.. GET INVOLVED!!
L.M.G.

little e
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Nor-Cal KITEPARK

Post by little e » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:03 pm

I Think this is a great way to structure it-
and i'm sure all of us who played around on last years slider are willing to help to make this work.
thankyouuuu LMG...
ella
bayareakitesurf.com

liftkiteboarding.com[/b]

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:08 am

Thanks Ella'
Limmi'

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:51 am

It's 4:00 am and I've hardly slept..

I've gotta level with you, I'm worried!
Today I went to 3ed ave and talked at length with Ramsey. He told me how things are proceeding and how he got premission.. He advised me on how to proceed and who to talk to to get the KitePark concept off the ground.
THANK YOU!!! Ramesy

Bottom line he said anyone involved in the construction of the units will/can be held liable in the event someone gets hurt and lawyers get involved.. Insurance will not stop them from from drawing you into a law suit... Insurance will help insulate you, thats all..

So- Now I'm worried about dragging my friends and business partners into trouble as well as the worry and hassle of getting ALL the riders to live/abide by the "rules" and the major worry of finding out someone got hurt when the "guard" was down... Which it would be ALOT, I suspect...

You see I've been playing this "game" for about 9 or 10 years and I've learned really only one thing, getting kiters to conform is VERY DIFFICULT!!!
The guys that play by the rules- always play by the rules.. The guys that don't play by the rules- CAN CARE LESS...

So here is what I'm going to do- SLOWLY continue to pursue to get approval for the park, as I continue to think about how to proceed with construction..
Basicly there is very little chance to see any major piece in the water this season even though I've rounded up around 5 grand in sponcership funding..

What I may do instead is build something MYSELF, put it in the water, MYSELF, monitor it's usage MYSELF, Ride it MYSELF with whom ever I ALLOW.. I will lock it up MYSELF or pull it out of the water by MYSELF so that non of my friends will get cooked if someone gets hurt..
I my case- if the lawyers take my business and equipment I'll just get on my bike and peddle to South America (which is the second half of my ride from Alaska , circa 1995)

I don't really know what to do- I just know what I don't want to do, thats get my friends hurt for trying to be helpfull.. I'm going to meditate on this subject for the next week or two and when or if I get any ansure- I'll let you know.

Warm Winds- Greg