Checklist Complete...

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Jaon
Contributor
Contributor
Checklist Complete...

Post by Jaon » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:32 pm

1. Practice with trainer kite - check
2. Complete land lesson - check
3. Complete water lesson - check
3.1 Practice holding breath while drinking lots of bay water - check
3.2 Have good kite control & actually get up during 1st water lesson - check
3.4 Provide enteraining endos & wipeouts, so that the instructor is yelling "pay your dues newbie" - check
4. Get kite & board - check
5. Blow off work to go kiting - (will be checked tomorrow)

If you see a newbie tomorrow at Alameda with a blue 17m element - that will be me. Please feel free to enjoy the possibly entertaining spectacle while I try to get as much bay water up my nose as possible. See you on the water.

Jason

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:06 pm

Jason,

I like your checklist. I did mine last year. Can i make a "Cover All Our Asses" comment? I'm not a forcast guy or all that but if it is blowing really hard tomorrow please don't go out and add hospital visit to your checklist. I say this cuz it sounds like you only have one kite and if you blew off work you have to get on the water. "i'll be ok i'll just pull in the depower strap" A helpful tip (pending your weight) run what the other people are riding or next size smaller.

Jason i'm not saying that you would do this i'm just covering our asses here.

Thanks,

Blair

Jaon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaon » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:02 pm

I still plan to use common sense out there, and won't kite just becuase I have the day off. I went with a 17 because Im a big guy at 207lbs. I spent a couple hours today with the guys at kite wind surf, & based on their recommendations I'm not taking this kite out in anything over 15-16mph (at least until I'm no longer a beginner).

The forecast tomorrow looks like low teens, so I think that's a good time for me to be out there.

I appreciate the input, the last thing I want is a trip to the ER.

Jason