Check out this weird launch device

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
elli
Resident
Resident
Check out this weird launch device

Post by elli » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:05 am

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:17 pm

I am on the fence on this apparatus. I like that it will work in a small space but they don't show the thing being used for self launching in the video.

I think this thing would be ideal for doing boat lauches. it may be necessary on the beaches soon when the sport grows so big that kite beaches are so crowded.

Blair

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:01 pm

I watched the video and I would say I would only consider it for a boat launch, but even then, if you're doing a boat launch, it would behoove you to have your sh*t together enough to roll up your bar pre-rigged to the kite and play out your lines as the distance between you and the boat increases. What's the difference between this and winding it on your bar in a tidy manner?

I don't really understand it, if you have enough room to roll out your lines to launch, how would you not have enough room to run them out from your bar and rig as you always would. I seen too many infomercials with a guy with an accent just like that to be convinced on this one.

Not yet convinced,
Ollie

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:17 pm

Its very simple:
Every kiteboarder should have a Kitelaunch assistant. The KiteLauncher is the answer.
:) :) :)

They should call it the "kite dildo"

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:17 pm

So, couldn't they have found a different shape/size to make this thing. I mean, come on. When you're holding it in front of you....

It looks to me like it's still designed to be used with a partner, otherwise it might make self-launching even more dangerous.

Paul

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:41 pm

Bruce at Sheldon Sails has a better idea, but it's for landing, not launching: Set up a soccer goal on the beach, with net and all. Anchor it down.

Kiters coming in could aim their kites into the goal post and then pull their safeties. The kite would slide right in and come to a stop, where you could pop the cork and get out of the way so the next person could land.

Paul

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:38 am

Guest wrote:Bruce at Sheldon Sails has a better idea, but it's for landing, not launching: Set up a soccer goal on the beach, with net and all. Anchor it down.

Kiters coming in could aim their kites into the goal post and then pull their safeties. The kite would slide right in and come to a stop, where you could pop the cork and get out of the way so the next person could land.

Paul
Now that sounds like a good idea!

Moris

???

Post by Moris » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:34 am

It seems that this device could give more pleasure to a female rhino than be usefull for a kiter (even launching from a boat)
I like the informatial analogy" everyone needs one!!!" "bur why??? I don`t know !!!"

M