Bay Area Musician Forum => BayAreaKeyboarding.com?

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
average_male
Regular
Regular
Bay Area Musician Forum => BayAreaKeyboarding.com?

Post by average_male » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:00 pm

I am in the market for a keyboard (musical variety Korg, AKAI, Yamaha, etc, not a PC keyboard). Anyone know of a Musician BayArea Forum with a classified section?

I already checked, BayAreaKeyboarding.com, no luck, doesn't even exist, I know, crazy right?. CL is a good source, just wanted to be thorough in my search.

Thanks.

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Re: Bay Area Musician Forum => BayAreaKeyboarding.com?

Post by reyrivera » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Have you tried rec.pro.audio? Check out their market place, maybe you might get lucky:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.musi ... eyboard+SF

If you know anybody that is going to the NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) show January 15-18 in Anaheim, you might be able to score new demo gear at heavy discount. Most music merchants try to unload their demo gear on the side after the show as it is difficult to ship items back to their headquarters. We scored some heavily discounted guitars there last year (almost at cost prices and includes full warranty) outside the convention center.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:26 pm

I bought my roland from ebay and found an hour later that it sold brand new from samash for $200 less! new is nice when its something someone might have travelled with alot. If curious it was the rd-600.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:54 pm

quote:"I bought my roland from ebay and found an hour later that it sold brand new from samash for $200 less!"
#-o OO-that hurts
L.M.G.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 am

Actually I found a way out of it after agreeing to buy it. It is my 1 negative feedback i have but who cares, what scumbag tries to sell something used for $200 more than it is new? Totally my fualt for being impulsive, of course, but still.

wimboweb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wimboweb » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 am

average_male wrote:I am in the market for a keyboard (musical variety Korg, AKAI, Yamaha, etc, not a PC keyboard). Anyone know of a Musician BayArea Forum with a classified section?

Thanks.
Hi,

are you looking for a keyboard with internal sounds, or a controller?

I have a Yamaha 76 keys midi controller(see link below), that I don't use anymore.

http://www.egad.net/jetboyjunction/adsr/kx76.html

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:15 pm

I have a Korg workstation in the garage that I do not use anymore. Around 6-8 years old....the only issue with it is that the joystick is busted....although you may be able to fix it

real cheap - I am not using it...

Plug for my bro - For new stuff, check out Dave Smith Instruments..he has the Sequential Circuits prophet back with new stuff.....so much has happened in our generation....Dave can pretty much claim to have invented MIDI...well, him and some companies in Japan...but he came up with the term..

another plug - my band is playing in San Rafael Sat nite, if anyone is out this way...

Bob

average_male
Regular
Regular

Post by average_male » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:44 pm

reyrivera,
Awesome link; that will come in VERY useful. Thank you!

wimboweb,
Actaully, a controller is also something I am considering. If the price is right, I have a Korg x5dr module that would go nicely with that controller. PM me (or post here if you feel like it) with pricing.

Yuir,
That's sounds just like you, living life for the moment; Ha ha. Create another ebay account using a different credit card and start over. :P
Never heard of Samash, taking a look at their prices and product range, seems that this is also a great bookmark, thanks man.

Bob,
What is the model of that work station? I'd like to do some research on getting it fixed and costing that in to the equation. and if your definition of 'real cheap' is the same as mine, we maybe talking in the near future :)

Thanks all for your input.