OT: Hunter S. Thompson's Ashes To Be Shot From Cannon

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
OT: Hunter S. Thompson's Ashes To Be Shot From Cannon

Post by OliverG » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:16 pm

I know this is off-topic, but I couldn't resist. Some of you may know the author Hunter S. Thompson from his book, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas which was subsequently made into a movie a few years back. Needless to say, he always was a crazy mo-fo, and this proves it! This is how I want to go out. Check out the quote below the headline.
[hr]
[web]http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/books/0 ... index.html[/web]

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:57 pm

As a student of Gonzo Journalism (where the writer is actually a character who shapes the story) I must say, "Well done, Hunter!" If you guys wouldn't mind doing the same for me at SI, I'd appreciate it. We will miss you Hunter S. Thompson, and thanks for the unique, twisted vision of this modern world.
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 pm

Dave, well said. Hunter was an author who made an impression on me during my formative years and he will be missed. He went out in similiar, albeit bloodier, fashion as Spalding Gray, another great author and master of the monologue who decided to cut it short.

Rest assured, we will send your remains is ash form with as much forward impetus and velocity as possible at SI. Hopefully, we will all have the foresight to be upwind so we don't all end up with your ashes on and about our faces. :)