Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Dude - listen to all the bros who have paid dearly for this insane addiction. It has a nice shine and vaneer to it: outdoors, good for you, uses the wind, environment friendly, all that stuff.
Here is reality:
* You will become obsessed with the weather. You will gather data for hours, watch all news only for weather, observe all signs of coming wind
* Your schedule will become unpredictable, as you will allways want to keep it open "just in case she blows"
* forget about family, friends - they have no room in the limited time you have to chase the wind.
* forget a career - you can never work after 2pm, as this gets in the way of good solid sessions
* forget about owning a home - you can't afford it, and you can't take care of it
* forget TV - all you will watch are kite vids.
* you will spend hours on bullitin boards discussing the pros and cons of high vs. md. aspect kites.
Save your self and loved ones a lot of trouble - stay away.
If you choose to ingnore this warning, make sure you pack plenty of cold beer for post sesh hang. See you on the water
it sounds like it might not be a bad idea to open a flower shop down at the beach, so when all the kiters are heading home feeling guilty wondering how they're wives / girlfriends are react - they can pick up some flowers to help win some points when they get home.
Users browsing this forum: Aloha, Bing [Bot] and 2 guests