3 Steps to Conquering ADD-ADHD

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
Greg
Old School
Old School
3 Steps to Conquering ADD-ADHD

Post by Greg » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Howdy boys and girls, the Loud GUY here wanting to share my latest findings..

I have ADD-ADHD and want to avoid taking drugs, INCLUDING smoking pot, etc..
What is important is ADD-ADHD is only a list of behaviors... Nothing More

The Three major ADD-ADHD subtypes are:
-Primarily Inattentive Subtype: The individual mainly had difficulties with attention, organization, and follow-through.
-Primarily Hyperactive/Impulsive: The individual mainly had difficulties with impulse control, restlessness, and self-control.
-Combined Subtype: The individual has symptoms of inattention, impulsivity, and restlessness

The good news is this disorder MAY be treatable with diet and suppliments ALONE!! and THE GREAT NEWS is EVERYONE can benefit from proper nutrition!!!!

In the book, 3 Steps to Conquering ADD-ADHD, Jon Bennett lays out the ground work.
I am now a week and a half off pot and working with my diet ALONE I'm far more calm and relaxed. REMARKABLY, I have NO desire to SMOKE POT either.. Suddenly, LIFE seems WAY more INTERESTING-- I think I'll stick around for a while longer...

If you suspect you or someone you love may have ADD-ADHD I highly recommend reading this book, it has transformed many lives.

Enjoy,
LoudMouthGreg

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: 3 Steps to Conquering ADD-ADHD

Post by OliverG » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:24 pm

Hey bro!

Proper nutrition is great for everyone, reefer madness or not. Just joking..., but it it is. A change of pace is good for everyone. Some may say one is tuned out or copping out, but another's view is that one may be tuned-in and aware. There's always two sides to the coin. Find the side you like best.

Whatever works best for you, roll with it.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Pot or carrots or what ever floats your boat "in moderation" is fine.., but you musta-hava-balance... An old saying is, you are what you eat!

I simply want to be the best me I can be, Proper nutrition helps make a strong body, mind and soul! Drugs often simply mask the problem.
I am finding with improper nutrition I cannot physically recover as quikly or completly, reflex's slow and the mind dulls while the spirit wains, add ADD/ADHD to the mix and you get CRAZY.

L.M.G.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:25 am

Greg, as much as i have seen you go through in the last 5 years you have turned out to be one of the most insightful philosophical people i know. I see you as a born leader, a role model, even if you dont think so, you lead people in the right direction. You always have the ability to analyze yourself and that is key to reform. And above all else, you can laugh at things and step back from the moment to see it 3rd person, this an ability most will never learn. You are often hardest on yourself, as we are our own worst enemies at times. You will always be a big brother to many.

Yuri

Greg
Old School
Old School

The Antagonist

Post by Greg » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:55 am

A predisposition to aggressive behavior may appear as a flaw to most people but there is a silver lining. At times of STRESS we raise to the occasion and don't back down.. In times of WAR this is a great ASSIT, in times of peace it poises a problem.
Learning to CHANNEL energy in POSITIVE WAYS is a MOVE in the RIGHT DIRECTION. What I have been doing is, "sitting on my hands" (used as a figure of speech) by sedating myself with copious amounts of NARCOTIC QUALITY WEED.

My last once of DOPE only lasted 9 days, think about that!

Five years ago I WAS one of the best kiters in the Bay Area, hopefully most of you will agree with that. I had NOT smoked pot for 17 years, then I toked 4 hits in Hawaii, (as a little experiment) I was so STONED and paranoid I felt I should not drive for the next 4 hours.. (THAT should have gotten my attention) A few weeks later I told this story to my friend and he gave me some ADVISE to only get a little "slant" as he put it. He took ONE toke, I smoked 2 and then ATTEMPTED to kite.. As I washed around around in the surf, hardly able to get off the beach, I watched my friends rip up the waves.. This should have gotten my attention, but It DIDN'T SINK IN!!!

My friend had tryed to show me how to smoke pot correctly- I believe he had good intentions but could not understand MY situation. This is like trying to show and Alcoholic how to drink CORRECTLY- it will NEVER WORK. (an example is trying to drink like a Gentleman by refusing to drink before 5, then pouring 3 water glasses with GIN and drinking them 1,2,3..)

What a person with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder does when given drugs of ANY KIND is ABUSE THEM.

L.M.G.