2008 Snowkite Summit

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
snowkitegirl
Contributor
Contributor
2008 Snowkite Summit

Post by snowkitegirl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Windzup and Drift Snowkite magazine have teamed up to make this years Snowkite Summit a bigger season kickoff than ever before.

Where is it? SKYLINE, one of the few locations offering epic conditions early in the winter.

When is it? First weekend in December.... IKO clinics start on the 3rd, with most of the Summit running Friday thru Sunday the 5-7th.

What is it? A gathering of Snowkiters, Freeriders, Instructors, Shop Owners and Manufacturers. This 'Collective' of Snowkite Souls is what makes the Snowkite Summit so special.

Why attend? Share knowledge, Ride with new friends, Grow the Sport, Test & Demo equipment in Real World conditions, and be a part of the growing Snowkite movement. This year we are offering IKO's 1st US Snowkite Instructor course, Hosting A Snowkite Film review, and offering clinics from Avalanche awareness to Wilderness First Aid.

FREE to the public and everyone is invited. If you are interested in attending, know a retailer that could benefit from the experience, or if there is a product in particular that you would like to see & demo at the Summit... please contact Heather at Info@windzup.com to get dialed in.

Check out the website for updates and schedule... www.SnowkiteSummit.com

Skyline has already received early snowfall and Snowkiters have been on it all week!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: 2008 Snowkite Summit

Post by OliverG » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:51 pm

I likely won't be making this one this year, and will be returning from Japan just a few days before this starts, but if you can make it, the is likely one of the premier snowkite events in the west.

I was there the year before last as was very impressed by the morning Q&A and lecture sessions after breakfast on snowkite-pertinent topics as mentioned above followed by sessions on the mountain with the whos-who of snowkiting in the west. This event had everyone relevant to the sport present from a few company manufacturers, filmmakers, magazine people and folks from many western states, etc. Good times and fun if you can make it.

If not, try to make it to the Snowkite Masters event, I will try to make it!

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Re: 2008 Snowkite Summit

Post by Yoda » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm

I just booked my flight out to the Summit. This is my first time going to the Summit. I've been to Skyline before and it's definately a snowkiter's paradise. I can't wait to get on the snow and demo what's new for 09. This 75+ degree weather here in the valley is great, but I'm over it already... bring on the white stuff!

Well, it's kinda hard to pass up on $142 round trip tickets (Delta). I just scored them today through Priceline. I'm hoping some others here on BAK will be enticed to come out. I figure if there's no wind, then some of UT's awesome ski resorts should be open by then... I had the best powder day ever and got ride with Jeff Kafka at Snow Basin last season. We spent the whole day on the double blacks. EPIC!!! =D>