Sunday at OB

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
mike_s
Contributor
Contributor
Sunday at OB

Post by mike_s » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:17 pm

nursing a bad cold and not up to kiting today, but couldn't stop myself going the beach....headed to OB and got a few snaps instead...photos are a bit crap as light was awful and didn't take big lens, but anyway.... newish to area so don't know if anyone who was out looks at this forum!

I think this link should work...

http://www.adobe.kodakgallery.com/Share ... Dtrue&Ux=0

mike

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:35 pm

Mike,

Nice pics! Thanks for the share. I meant to head out to OB Saturday, but got sidetracked to Half Moon Bay, which turned out to be less than stellar. The weather was great, so it was a nice outing anyway. OB is loads of fun, though!

wave slut

hmb

Post by wave slut » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:51 am

Ollie - bro, don't you know that if you drive to hmb, you are only 35 minutes away from heaven??? I never understand why people stop to kite there........It's like hiking to get fresh tracks, only to stop half way and get the partially tracked snow.

Coastal Guest

Post by Coastal Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:20 am

Good analogy, skiing fresh tracks and kiteboarding waves . . . except why would any seasoned skiier advertise their knowledge of a "hidden" powder spot, resort or backcountry wise? Especially if it is not their's to ruin?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:43 am

Possibly because that experienced skier is not selfish and thinks enough about HIS FRIENDS to understand that being miserly when it comes to something as vast as an ocean or a mountain is just being ridiculous.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Judging by the pics it looks like it was a good session. I hit Wadell Creek on Saturday but it was a bit too crazy of wind for me and the waves were shore break and over head so it was a bit of some trouble to get out. I rode for an hour but got tired of getting worked. Plus I need a new kite that is better for waves. The X3's are great but a bit to touchy for wave riding. I am getteng a Raven soon that is supposed to be a little better. Anyway nice pics!!

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:28 pm

Lucky friends indeed. That's right Mr. Guest, the ocean is vast and the waves are in infinite supply. Thanks for sharing. Women, wine and waves.

"We done shared all of mine..."
:rock:
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: hmb

Post by OliverG » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:13 pm

wave slut wrote:Ollie - bro, don't you know that if you drive to hmb, you are only 35 minutes away from heaven??? I never understand why people stop to kite there........It's like hiking to get fresh tracks, only to stop half way and get the partially tracked snow.
Because L.M.G. and I scrapped our original OB plans to go hook up with Chip at HMB, who was down that way for a quiet weekend with his soon-to-be-due wife, but she was cool with us all kiting a bit, even though we all gathered around his car afterwards, drank his beer and ate his salami, cheese and crackers. But what are friends for right? She's pretty chill, so I'm sure it was all OK. O:)

Yes, next time, I'll complete the mission properly, as long as our other "bro's" are OK with sharing the Pacific Ocean. We're all guests on this planet after all.

mike_s
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mike_s » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:46 pm

Pipedragon....

managed to get an outing on a raven 12m a couple of weeks ago.....whilst not a full on wave machine by any means, can see its going to be much more forgiving than the x3 (and X4's)....and if you're looking for a bit of hang time too its definately got that....serious boosting ability....

out of interest, you say you've got one coming, whilst they're everywhere in the UK I'm struggling to find one in the US....d'you know who's stocking yet?

mike