Where to Saturday 4/2/05

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:58 am

I kited at Alameda yesterday. 9m underpower but was a good 2-3 hours session!
Checked my bar/lines with others and re-adjusted fine. Hopefully wind soon picks up at Alameda today. Another winter storm sesson! When will we have a sunny windy day again...

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:12 pm

I hit Wadell Creek and there was too much wind. I rode a 10 for an hour. Yes, I was actually on a 10 can you believe it. The waves were overhead and breaking on shore. Most everyone came in when I did and called it quits. Just one local was kiting the entire time and having a blast but he definitly had much more skilll then anyone else at the beach. The wind was strong 25 gusting to 30. Something I am not used to. I headed back to Half moon bay to look for calmer conditions but it was too calm as I met up with Ollie and the gang. The one day I probabaly should have stayed at Alameda. Oh well the drive down was unbelievable. The water looked like Hawaii it was so blue and clear. Plus everthing is so green with all the rain we are having. I'll head back down as soon as the thermal winds are back. Plus I think it is time to get new gear. My kites and boards were not working very well in the waves.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:21 pm

so pipe is alameda the call today?? Looks to be building!!!
Dewey

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:35 pm

Alameda was fine yesterday. The perfect wind for my 13. It was going up and down a little bit but still fine.

Over 30 kites on the water! This will become a really hot summer out there.

CU, K

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:51 pm

berkely was spot on from 1 till 330 lit up on my 12 with fat boost to hover in the air dearing the gust!! fun stuff
sand bar was showing with butter on the in side waves on the out side just me and bard playn up there!
charlie

zman

Waddell

Post by zman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:38 pm

Pipe - sounds like waddell was epic....wish I was there to play in the surf....didn't we have a thread about you needing smaller kites? I think it was in light of going to Maui.....I'm your size, and use 8 and 6m in waddell many times. I also have 22m lines - check that out sometime.

Tahoe had really good winter snow on saturday on N. faces. The south stuff was very soft. There is TONS of snow, and as we were leaving, it was dumping. Tomorow will be a sick powder day.

Good winds + waves, Zeev.

gomez71
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gomez71 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:10 pm

Hey Charlie, I have to agree with you, Yesterday was my best day ever at berk, powered up on my 13 I even maid it back to the first beach.
I loved it .

Robert =D> =D>