Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi, fellow kiters!
Since I'm closer to 3rd than Alameda, I'd like to start kiting at 3rd as Daylight saving starts this Sunday and 1 more extra hour for kiting. I'd rather spend more time for kiting than driving to East Bay during the week. I'd like to know if someone can take a quick intro there. Preferably, someone kites there regularly and/or kite there 2 seasons or more. Please PM me if anyone is interested. Thanks!
Order your BAK T-Shirt Here
I wrote a long note and pressed the wrong button...
In short again. Take the upper launch for the first rides. Let you giude to the water as the area is VERY slippery sometimes. As Alameda user you are not used to that. Take the lower lauch (beach, close to the car park) only if you are familiar with the spot.
Look at http://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/viewtopic.php?t=792
Cu there or in Alameda, K
I kite 3rd often and here's some random tips:
- if you launch at the upper mud flats, you can rig on the carpet at the end of the parking lot and walk your kite up the path
- less than 2ft tide, launch/maybe land at the upper launch
- less than 1ft watch for the sand bars
- Ken Poulton's site has a link to our web cam
- please dont launch/land/fly on/over the bike path
- if the tide is high, make sure you hit the lower beach. The rocks downwind can shred kites
- there is now a fresh water hose (thanks to SFBA and Rick) behind the rocks in the windsurf rigging area
- if you want to land at the upper launch, come in to the upper cove between the marker poles. There are still rocks but we moved the really nasty stuff out of the way (old car frame)
- 500 yards up wind of the upper launch, watch for the 3ft metal pole in the water. I marked it last year, but I hear the bouy didnt survive the winter
Thanks! I'll see you guys soon. My hope is when it blows I want to make a banner says, " YES IT'S BLOWING" and wave at all the audience to the cam direction and then go kiting at 3rd.
or I might be too busy pumping my kite.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests