Tahoe Today - 9m - 75 degrees

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
Skipow
Contributor
Contributor
Tahoe Today - 9m - 75 degrees

Post by Skipow » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:34 pm

It looked like Maui today on Tahoe. I was wound up on the 9 and lovin it. The swell was beautiful. Too bad it's not like this more often, but then again there would be more than two of us out on the water.

zgur
Resident
Resident

yeah!!!

Post by zgur » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:50 pm

sounds sick, can't wait to make it 3 of you on the water ;-)

wjb
Resident
Resident

Post by wjb » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Where do you launch from? Have you kited Fallen Leaf Lake? I spent some time there this summer and regretted not bringing my kites as it looked like it was ridable when it was windy.
It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. T.S.Eliot

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:53 am

thats air temp?

I remember doing water rescues (by boat) on the lake 25 years ago.. When the wind comes up, the lake can get very lively... water is always cold,
Enjoy,
L.M.G.

amir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by amir » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:24 am

I was at Fallen leaf last weekend. Brought my gear but it never left the trunk. It was absolutely beautiful 85 and clear all 3 days. I was planning to hit Nevada Beach if it was good. I think Fallen leaf can be gusty and a bit unpredictable.

I did get pulled behind a boat. That was fun. I only get the opportunity to go once a year. Amazing how much kiting improved my wake skills.