Outer Banks/Hatteras

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
glenn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Outer Banks/Hatteras

Post by glenn » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi,

Any recommendations for the 'can't miss' Outer Banks kiting spot? I'll bet there are hundreds of great wave breaks and killer flat water. Any good downwinder ideas? Thanks in advance!

Glenn

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Everywhere is good, but be sure to do plenty of surf-side downwinders and then after that go launch at Planet of the Apes to do a downwinder to the Real Kiteboarding center... sickest, flattest butter water I've ever ridden. Some friends are going soon, wish I could join them... :roll:

glenn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by glenn » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:59 am

thanks!
what is the longest surf side downwinder you've done? I'm thinking 20 or 30 miles will be perfect but some friends think this is way too far. Although I'm pretty sure I could do 10X OB without getting tired and definatley without getting board!!!

Endlestorm
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Endlestorm » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm from Swansboro (google it) but I've never kited in NC. Will be there for Labor day and plan on bringing my gear for the first time. My mom has been sending me pics of kiters outside Bogue Inlet in the local paper (Tideland News). Pretty sweet!