Benjamin Franklin, inventor of kiteboarding

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
reyrivera
Old School
Old School
Benjamin Franklin, inventor of kiteboarding

Post by reyrivera » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:08 pm

So, I'm stumped at work could not solve a bug on my project, like a good employee started browsing the internet, came upon Rick's post:

http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?p=34907#post34907

Should he get all the royalties from kiteboarding now :)

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:41 pm

Cant you go to the bug system and change the status to "Not a bug"? :)

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:48 pm

i must have lots of bug's in my system..
G+

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:56 pm

like a good employee started browsing the internet
I think I should start an over-site business to help curb this kind of useless activity during work hours, I bet I could make MILLIONS!!!!!

All I need to do is find some good (non-kiteboarding) people to work for me while I play..
L.M.G.

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:08 am

I think you are onto something G.

I work insane hours anyway and my boss does not care if I goof off since I finish my projects ahead of time. He is a windsurfer and understand my need for wind and dependence on bad weather conditions, if there is surf, I surf, if there is wind we kite/wind surf, if there is no wind or surf, we work crazy hours sleeping in the office.

Oh yeah, I found the bug, it was a misplaced semi-colon in a do-while loop, sound geeky enough for you? :rolleyes:

super_monkey
Regular
Regular

Re: Benjamin Franklin, inventor of kiteboarding

Post by super_monkey » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:31 pm

So, I'm stumped at work could not solve a bug on my project, like a good employee started browsing the internet, came upon Rick's post:

http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?p=34907#post34907

Should he get all the royalties from kiteboarding now :)

what's the problem, the kiting community might be able to help :)

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Cant you go to the bug system and change the status to "Not a bug"?
Actually use to do something similar in the last software start-up I was at.
Any bug that could not be solved was marketed as a feature.
That rollicking/body dragging Benjamin would be proud!

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Post by KirkTalon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Rey, that is hilarious, at work at the fire house a bunch of guys call me Ben, do to the long hair, the unfair perception that I have a tall forehead and that all I talk about is kites and am always cleaning my gear at work...Did you know Ben Franklin was a fireman also???? I actually went out and bought little reading specks which I wear during training just to f...with the boys...my eyesight is perfect....

Kirk
RRD, Mystic

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 am

marujo said:

Rey, that is hilarious, at work at the fire house a bunch of guys call me Ben, do to the long hair, the unfair perception that I have a tall forehead and that all I talk about is kites and am always cleaning my gear at work...Did you know Ben Franklin was a fireman also???? I actually went out and bought little reading specks which I wear during training just to f...with the boys...my eyesight is perfect....
Kirk
I could totally picture you looking like Ben dude, ... dye your hair jet black, now add some white dye on the roots of your hair and gain about 15 lbs or just enough to barely see a double chin, wear a magician's suit, viola, fireman Ben Franklin, aka marujo, aka Kirk.

Bob said:

Cant you go to the bug system and change the status to "Not a bug"?
Actually use to do something similar in the last software start-up I was at.
Any bug that could not be solved was marketed as a feature.
That rollicking/body dragging Benjamin would be proud!
Yup, its the same all over the high tech industry. There's no foolproof system where you can really swat out a lot of those bugs. I think the only tech area where hardware and software are almost foolproof is in the healthcare industry. Imagine a doctor trying to revive a patient having a cardiac arrest,... oh wait, the paddles need to reboot, is it running on windows vista? then press control click shift T, then say yes, I am an adminstrator, is it running Tiger OS X? wait for the Grey Screen of death and then press the silver button until it reboots ...

super_monkey said:

what's the problem, the kiting community might be able to help
Thanks, but I figured it out. It sometimes can be hard working on old school 1940's tube style recording equipment and modifying it to work with cutting edge computer stuff.