Pump trouble?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pump trouble?

Post by jjm » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:31 pm

Sunday I pumped up the two kites I got at the swap. I was using a North pump which has the large and small type nozzle heads. Problem is that when the bladders started building pressure, the head would twist off the hose (and deflate the bladder). Someone walked up to me and in passing said something along the lines of "that always happens, you might need to glue it on".

I'd rather not glue it on because I think my 12m uses the larger head. I was thinking about wrapping some electrical tape or something around the plastic that goes into the hose to add tension to lock it in place.

Before I do this, wanted to ask if anyone else had problems like this, and if there is a better solution?

Thanks,
Josh

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:47 pm

Hmm, usually there are two small nubs on the sides of the fitting that keep it on, perhaps yours had already broken off? That's fairly common.
Fis it for now with some electrical tape. I have an extra hose you can have, I'll put it in the truck and give it to you next time i see you.

Ollie

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:07 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Hmm, usually there are two small nubs on the sides of the fitting that keep it on, perhaps yours had already broken off? That's fairly common.
Fis it for now with some electrical tape. I have an extra hose you can have, I'll put it in the truck and give it to you next time i see you.

Ollie
The plastic nubs are still there, but it doesn't seem to stay locked in. I'll let you take a look next time I see you.

Thanks once again Ollie.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:26 pm

I stole a guys pump at alameda while he was kiting last week...you can have it. :mrgreen:

Ha Ha...just kidding. get the hose with the nubs from someone.