Crissy Regulations Coming?

Local weather resources and topics.
Tony Soprano
Resident
Resident
Crissy Regulations Coming?

Post by Tony Soprano » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:59 am

Yes, it could happen, if beginners keep trying to kite there.

If you need a board leash, do not kite here.
If you fly your kite at 12 clock position on the beach, do not kite here.
If you try and catch someones kite by the bridle and then let go of the kite, do not kite here.
If some idiot catches your kite by the bridle and lets go, and you thought your job was over, do not kite here.
If you forgot your job after they botched your kite landing, unhook,punch out, release, INSTEAD of kite looping down the beach and into the water and still not releasing and kitelooping some more , then making a windsurfer swim away from his rig to get out of harms way. Only when you were able to stand up did you let go of the bar. Hope you were not injured to badly, Another broken shoulder.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:27 am

Jeffrey, I thought we talked about this on the beach and you were going to retire from the crusade? You are just going to frustrate yourself.

I really hope the guy who got wrecked yesterday is ok but he got hauled away in an ambulance... you think he will be back soon?

I took someone to Crissy yesterday who had never kited there. He kited with me for 2.5 hours all over the bay. He had no issues and had an amazing time. I spent 10 minutes before our session letting him know the program and everything went well. Education is the answer.

Those who kite there every day and are concerned with possible regulations should be educating new comers in a way that is productive, not lashing out online after the fact...

Where's Don't Kite Here when you need him...
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Tony Soprano
Resident
Resident

Post by Tony Soprano » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:36 am

Very good Gabe, I agree, I am not a word smith, but your friend also passed the Darwinism test, some never will.

that accident was very stressful to watch and also having all the windsurfers watching.
Last edited by Tony Soprano on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 am

Tony,
Did YOU break his other arm??, if not, WHY NOT?? (JOKE)

Crissy is ripe for trouble, I'm sorry, but it's true.
Maybe, it's because the new gear SEEMS so easy to use these dayz, kiters are pushing there limites as never before..

Get this, I meet a nice young women the other day that claimed to have taught herself to kite at the Access, off the beach at the Access.. Sure, many-many others are self taught and a number of them learned in places like the delta but that was many years ago.. I can only imagine how that went for her (and others) from time to time. At least SI is mostly kiters not beach goers... Now this women wasn't your standard new kiter, she has lots of extreme background skills, but still..
All I can say is I'm glade I'm not learning (to kite) today.

Here is how I like kite Crissy: AS rarely as possable. I had been kiting for years before attempting to kite Crissy the first time. TRUTH IS: Crissy is trouble waiting to happen, (this applys to EVERYONE) and a REAL LIFE KITEMARE for the inexpernced. If it was not for the Thursday kite races, I'd basicly NEVER kite there.

Greg

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:51 am

IF Crissy kiters dont take lots of care around people, dogs etc... they too will eventually strike out.
Greg
BTW: How Gabe introduced that new kiter is how it needs to be done in places with the challanges of places like Crissy.

ALSO: I'm sorry that the guy got so screwed. Crissy should NOT to be taken lightly!!

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:11 am

I would like to add that the reason many Crissy locals have such success and resulting pleasant sessions is that almost everyone there works on the buddy system. There are few locals who show up and get on the water by themselves. If I go out alone, I almost immediately look for a crew to join out on the water but most of the time, I just don't go out alone. If you look closely out there, you will notice many packs of kiters. These people tend to arrive at the same time, setup and ride together all taking cues on when it's time to head back in.

This is also something I mentioned to my friend yesterday, just a "we watch each other's back" and that's all that needed to be said.

Besides it's often quite cute to see what kind of couples match up out there. I thought yesterdays winners were Chip and Chad, a natural duo with matching grey/green kites and Neptune Race boards, styles so different but both with the UltraNectar shorts over their Neoprene... Wednesdays top pair for sure.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...