Is there enough wind @ 3rd to lift a fatty?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
zigx
Is there enough wind @ 3rd to lift a fatty?

Post by zigx » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:13 pm

I am looking to get a B4 trainer kite from slingshot. This kite is 4 cubic meters and i am worried that there may not be enough wind to lift me. I weigh 240 pounds -- Do you guys think its enough kite to do the job?

I'm only interested in mastering the kite and having some fun jumping around the mud flat area before i get in the water.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Re: Is there enough wind @ 3rd to lift a fatty?

Post by pipedragon » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:13 pm

zigx wrote:I am looking to get a B4 trainer kite from slingshot. This kite is 4 cubic meters and i am worried that there may not be enough wind to lift me. I weigh 240 pounds -- Do you guys think its enough kite to do the job?

I'm only interested in mastering the kite and having some fun jumping around the mud flat area before i get in the water.
My advice would be not to try and jump around on the mud flats. You can seriously injure your feet or achilies tendons by doing this. The kite can lift you very high but then come down fast in some cases. I have seen even experienced kiters jump on the beach and sprain an ankle or two. As for wind, there is plenty over there. Just be careful. Save you feet and legs for kiting on the water.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:29 pm

zigx
try not jump on land it is very fun and all, BUT it will tear up your feet.
you may not feel it at frist BUT it will tear up your feet.
try to get the 4m to pull you around.find the points of sail with the kite.
walking or jogging. and look for your lessions .
charlie

zigx
Joey
Joey

Post by zigx » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:46 pm

Ok, thanks guys. Im gonna grab the B4 then

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:55 pm

The B4 is a good size as it's big enough to give you a feel for the power. It's also going to be a good kite to keep around as it's totally doable for snowkiting also. You'll be well off with the B4 I think.