Someone took my pump at Alameda today

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular
Someone took my pump at Alameda today

Post by andyandmarlys » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:31 pm

I live right on the beach and launch right in front of my apartment. It is located closer to Mc Donalds than to Crown Beach Park... Anyhow.. this afternoon I pumped up my kite and had a great ride... I left my pump near the top of the beach, but when I came back, it was gone... Hopefully someone grabbed it and took it trying to be nice... Anyone see a pump today at Alameda?

Big Al
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Big Al » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:37 pm

Bummer! I know the feeling. I lost a bar and lines last year at Alameda. If you haven't already, I would also post on iwindsurf/ikitesurf message board as well. Hopefully you'll get it back.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:37 am

Andy
From in front of your place it was probably a beachgoer...
You need a camaflouge bag that looks like the dune grass and place it on the street side of the snow fence.

crips & Pumps

Post by crips & Pumps » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:22 pm

Damn pump stealers. I bet it was one of those raft gangs. Look for a little kid with a blow up raft and you'll find the scoundral.
Once I left my car unlocked and my wallet and computer was untouched but the pump gang snagged my pump, and I think he took a spare shackle and i had, not sure. :P

Good thing I have about 9 pumps in my garage. If I see ya You can have one.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:09 pm

Well there goes my big plan to sell all my new pumps at the swap meet for $10 a pop! You're just giving them away! :roll:

In Costa Rica, a little kid stole my invaluable cloth heavy-duty laundry-type bag from on the beach. It was filled up with sand and everything. I was out a ways kiting and I saw him empty it and start holding it in the wind letting it fill up with air. His father, who apparently condoned the little guys actions was with him on the beach. Oh well, what are you going to do? Kite in at Mach10 and accost a Costa Rican father and son all over a sand bag? It wasn't so much the bag I was worried about, but the sand... :-k