3rd ave or wait for Alameda?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular
3rd ave or wait for Alameda?

Post by pipedragon » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:14 pm

3rd ave. is going off right now but Alameda would be a better kiting experience. My family plans cancled and the wind is up!! Wahoo!!

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:31 pm

I'm heading for 3rd. ave. ya'll. See ya there if theres any takers!! =D>

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:25 pm

Alameda was fun today.. I had a 45min session at Berkeley and came home and went out from my front door and had a better time than at berkely... With the newer big kites (CONTRA) riding in 12mph is about as fun as riding in 20 mph... Only real difference is the jump height...... These big kites turn pretty darn fast

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:27 am

andyandmarlys wrote:Alameda was fun today.. I had a 45min session at Berkeley and came home and went out from my front door and had a better time than at berkely... With the newer big kites (CONTRA) riding in 12mph is about as fun as riding in 20 mph... Only real difference is the jump height...... These big kites turn pretty darn fast
I actualy ended up going to Alamea anyway. I rode Sherman Island yesterday so I wanted a melo session. I rode the 25 all day and it was fun under the sun!!!

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:33 am

you also missed a perfect day at 3rd! Went out on a 13 and it was fine up to 5pm. What a gorgeous day... The summer is here I would say.

Andy, I would like to give my new low wind sleepingbag foil (17) a direct comparison to the Contras. Hopefully see you out there soon.

Best, K

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:44 am

knyfe wrote:you also missed a perfect day at 3rd! Went out on a 13 and it was fine up to 5pm. What a gorgeous day... The summer is here I would say.

Andy, I would like to give my new low wind sleepingbag foil (17) a direct comparison to the Contras. Hopefully see you out there soon.

Best, K
Ya, 3rd looked like it would have been good. I thought that Alameda would kick up and I coulc be closer to home. It kicked up enough to have a good powered session. =D>