Sherman Blew!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Don
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Don » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:21 am

That was sooooo fun. An epic day for me anyways. Great to connect with so many there from the BAK community. I second Pipe's suggestion. Charlie; thx for the launch(es) hopefully be back tomorrow pm

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:28 am

it's 6:30 and shermans blowin 17. Got to be home by 11:00 hope to see you guy's for an early sesh.

Cheers
Dewey
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:45 am

Anonymous wrote:Ollie whats up with the windwings, ive been very curious to ask, does the wider arc perform any different?

i have to admit the kites and bar look awesome.
I've been meaning to get around to writing up my initial impressions of the new Windwing kites as others have asked also, and there's lots to say so I'll go ahead and start a new topic in the main discussion forum...

Ollie

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:52 am

Fun day fo'sho'...
Good to see all you regular posters: OG, Charlie, ZGur, (Dewey where were you-ee?) Jeff, Deb/Ed, Curt/Michelle, who else?
Good butter by the islands but not optimal for tule trimming wouldn't you agree? A little lit on the 16 and then when I got home I saw the pager reading high twenties! Yee-haw, game on.

I guess I'll spin by again today a-yeet?
Go bigga'

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:00 pm

I got an early session this morning. I was out from 8 - 9 this morning. Good to see the old sherman crew again. The 12m Outrage is a solid kite. Flew abit different from my 03 GXR. Still trying to get the jumps timed right. I'll write a review when I get more out of the kite.

Now I off to go wine tasting (what a day)
Dewey

pablitotff

Post by pablitotff » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:57 pm

I knew you all were getting some when I felt that wind blowing on Saturday afternoon.

Help me out here. I'd love for the season to be starting at Sherman, but I've been living nearby for 10 years, and I can't remember another March 12th when there was a Delta breeze blowing. Wasn't this a fluke? I mean, around here wind in March is North wind -- like the north wind we're going to have for the next three days. It's not good for much of anything, especially kiting.

I'm curious when the wind shifted from west to north. I live about 30 miles north of Sherman, and we woke up to fog and dead calm. The northerlies kicked in around 9 am here. How long did it take them to get down to Sherman? What time did the wind die today at Sherman?

Paul

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:20 pm

look at i windsurf....around 10 there was nothing going, and everyone got out of the water. the guys who hung out got the goods later..

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:32 am

8-9 was pretty good. Worked out perfect for me :)
Dewey

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:59 am

Dewey, I wanted to kite with you. I did drive up on Sunday morning too but you were already gone, and everyone stopped kiting at around 11. Oh well. Maybe next time. Alameda was nice & mellow. Almost melted in. Once I get a small kite, (I want 5-6.5m or 7m) I want to kite more at Sherman!

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:19 pm

Dammit -- I was going to drive down over the weekend but I thought there was no way the Delta would blow this early. Bummed I missed it, but glad you guys got it. Good to see/hear the Windwings are delivering for you guys so far, warm and fuzzy to read your posts.

w