People are Starting to Come OUT!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
zigx
People are Starting to Come OUT!

Post by zigx » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:58 pm

i work directly across from the 3rd ave location and my lab looks out to the bay. I have been noticing more and more people coming out every day to surf.. Right on!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:35 pm

Yes, the natives all over are getting restless!

zigx

Post by zigx » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:10 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Yes, the natives all over are getting restless!

Do you ever surf 3rd man? Somedays there is Nobody... others TONS of people, and these guys go out FAR.

My experience is only with a trainer on the dirt flats over there, but i am looking to get in the water maybe this year... once i master how to manipulate the trainer.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:14 pm

zigx wrote:

Do you ever surf 3rd man? Somedays there is Nobody... others TONS of people, and these guys go out FAR.

My experience is only with a trainer on the dirt flats over there, but i am looking to get in the water maybe this year... once i master how to manipulate the trainer.
I don't really make it down there, but have begun to accept the fact that driving a little farther than what you're used is occasionally a necessity to get some wind, so this year may be different.

gomez71
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gomez71 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:16 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:
zigx wrote:

I don't really make it down there, but have begun to accept the fact that driving a little farther than what you're used is occasionally a necessity to get some wind, so this year may be different.
Hey Ollie!
I really think that you would like it very much.
I am lucky that I work in the city it really opens up my choices on were to kite, and it blows very steady.

zigx
Joey
Joey

Post by zigx » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:45 pm

http://www2.labs.agilent.com/Ken_Poulto ... camh.shtml

You can see nobody is out yet... its all open =)
Looking @ the trees from my lab... it looks like there isnt much wind though