Windwing Review?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
gilloux06

Post by gilloux06 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:43 pm

Hello Dewey,
When will you post the test of your new 2005 Windwing kites ?
I am excited to know what are the beneffits and also the disappointments (if there are some !)
Best Regards

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:04 am

I will also post some info on these kites here soon. I have the Rage II 8, 10, 12 and 14 of which, so far, I have flown the 12 and 14. Yesterday I just received an Outrage 10 and 14 am I'm stoked to fly the Outrages as well. So far, I've found the Rage II's the be nice kites and are well-suited to people new to the sport as well as advanced riders who want to take advantage of this style of kite for wave riding, freestyle, kiteloops and so on. The Outrages are their highest aspect kite and I suspect I will be hucking big air on these. I'm hoping for some wind soon to try!!!

www.windexpress.com

gilloux06

Post by gilloux06 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:13 am

Thank you site admin.
I am looking forward to read your post on Rage and Outrage. I will buy 2 kites WW 12 & 17 meters. I am intermediate and my program is : cruising, easy control jump, easy relaunch, some simples tricks, rarely waves. I am a light guy (67Kg). Outrage seems to have more performance but I am afraid it is a physical kite and a little bit technical.
I f you can post before 20th march (end of discount for WW outrage that would be great)
I hesitate also between a 50 cm and 56 cm CCbar size
Best regards

kies

Post by kies » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:31 pm

I bought the rage 2 10 and 17.
i tried the 17 in barbados a month back. For what you are describing, I would say go with the rage 2, you still get plenty of air too.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:58 pm

As soon as it gets windy I'll post a review. I only flew the 17 once and I was under powered. I can't wait for the real wind to kick in. Gilloux06 where do you kite??

Ollie now your on the Outrages??? Dude you go through kites faster than anyone I know. I've got the outrarge in a 17, 12, and 8. I hope to be hucken the big airs too. I hear it's a fast kite with good lift. Where's the wind....................................
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:28 pm

dewey wrote:As soon as it gets windy I'll post a review. I only flew the 17 once and I was under powered. I can't wait for the real wind to kick in. Gilloux06 where do you kite??

Ollie now your on the Outrages??? Dude you go through kites faster than anyone I know. I've got the outrarge in a 17, 12, and 8. I hope to be hucken the big airs too. I hear it's a fast kite with good lift. Where's the wind....................................
Dewey, I'll be flying both Rage II's and Outrages. The kites have very different characteristics from each other, just as the Yargas and Nemesis do, both of which I flew last year. I admire those who keep a streamlined quiver, but I'm unable to do so - I like the choices I guess.

Ollie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:13 am

gilloux06 wrote:Thank you site admin.
I am looking forward to read your post on Rage and Outrage. I will buy 2 kites WW 12 & 17 meters. I am intermediate and my program is : cruising, easy control jump, easy relaunch, some simples tricks, rarely waves. I am a light guy (67Kg). Outrage seems to have more performance but I am afraid it is a physical kite and a little bit technical.
I f you can post before 20th march (end of discount for WW outrage that would be great)
I hesitate also between a 50 cm and 56 cm CCbar size
Best regards
Sorry for the delay on this, this week has been swamped and I've wanted a chance to fly some of the different kites in different configurations. This info will definitely be posted this evening!