Big waves + wind on tap for Wed

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
zgur
Resident
Resident
Big waves + wind on tap for Wed

Post by zgur » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:18 pm

It's gonna be very big tomorow.....here is the NWS forecast:

MARINE...HIGH SURF ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED FROM 9 AM WED THRU 9 AM THU ALONG THE ENTIRE COAST WITH LARGE SWELL FORECAST TO ARRIVE DURING THAT TIME. BUOY 6...650 NM W OF CAPE MENDOCINO...NOW REPORTING 29 FT SEAS AT 20 SECONDS WITH ENP MODEL OUTPUT BRINGING THE LARGE SWELL TRAIN RIGHT INTO OUR COASTLINE. ASTRONOMICAL TIDES WILL BE AT THEIR HIGHEST POINTS OF THE MONTH"

Now if we can get that wind to cooperate...".WED...N WIND 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. W SWELL BUILDING 12 TO 16 FT AT 16 SECONDS. "

Not a good day to "hey, let's give this ocean kiting thing a shot"......but a good day to watch and film....

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:42 pm

Twenty Seconds!
Yeow!!
Better nail those zenning bottom turns Zev.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:37 pm

Wahoo! Don't know if I'll make it to the coast, but upon looking out over the bay at about 5:40 today, the fog setup is looking good over the city. I think we will get some wind sucked into the bay. :)

Crazy

Grande day on the coast

Post by Crazy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:03 pm

In case you were hiding under a rock and did not read about the big surf or hear on TV about this.....It was insanely large on the coast today. No channel where one usually exists. White water two times as big as you. it took me 30 minutes to clear the white water - the ride on the outside was unreal. Coming is was - intense. Only 3 kites in the air all afternoon: only 1 other person made it out.

Good wind + glassy waves to all, Z.