turbo 2 bar pulleys

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
mikaya
Contributor
Contributor
turbo 2 bar pulleys

Post by mikaya » Thu May 15, 2008 11:49 am

What difference do the bar pulleys on the turbo 2 make to the performance of the kite? The kite turns a little too slowly for my liking so I am wondering about reconfiguring the lines and bar without the pulleys.

Mikaya

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 pm

That will make it turn even slower. What the pulley does is double your bar leverage. When you turn the bar tip 1 inch it pulls the line 2 inches (more or less).

Take it out and you donít have that advantage, BUT you will have bar pressure less then half which makes swinging the bar side to side a lot easier.

mikaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mikaya » Thu May 15, 2008 8:33 pm

Thanks . . . that's helpful.

adamT
Regular
Regular

Re: turbo 2 bar pulleys

Post by adamT » Sun May 03, 2009 11:02 am

I have the same kite/bar (T2, 11m). Not sure if you have ridden other kites, but when I started riding other kites...... wow, being able to actually go one handed and fly a kite makes pull tricks a lot more fun.. (I heard the 9m flys different and the REV and T3 have way less bar pressure.. ) Don't get me wrong I loved the T2 while I road it

BTW watch the center rope closely (the one that goes through the bar).. once it starts to wear it can snap soon after. I had mine go on me during a night session in Alameda last year.. luckily it was the correct side and the stopper ball held everything together so I could make it back to shore..

The good side is that with the T2 you can become super buff if you ride alot... (quite a bit of bar pressure.. ) :)

Adam
Naish - Torch (11m) <Helix as backup>
Still looking for the perfect board