Alameda Tuesday march 1st

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Alameda Tuesday march 1st

Post by Fester » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:25 pm

Got there at 2:00pm nothing, 2:30 started up pumped up 16m

very south direct onshore?

Body draged away from beach.

kited parallel to the beach

from 2:30 to 4:30 steady wind compared to sunday.

Zev and Charlie got some too, late comers were disapointed and rained on.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:51 pm

It wasn't too bad at 4:30. I used the auto inflator so at least I did not have to pump a kite up. I was able to ride for at least an hour pretty powered. Not great wind but I was able to stay upwind and launch a jump or too. The X4 is definitly a better low end kite. Much better then the X2 or X3 in the size 16 at least. Not sure on the top end but I think if I edge hard I could still hold it down. :mrgreen:

Don
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Don » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:50 pm

Yea, through 5:30 it was light sprinkles blowing around 14-16, diminishing to around 10 - enough time for that little rhino 05 12's maiden voyage, and enough time to reflect on the r04 12 performance in similar conditions. After rigging the new setup and finally launching in mostly onshore conditions I'm happy to affirm that the 05 is absolutely more stable than the 04. In the light conditions it wanted to park out there, just a little behind where the 04 would go, resulting in more stabilty/predictabililty. The 05 depowered like a sand bag - can hardly wait to use it :rolleyes: Shoulda coulda woulda pumped the 16, but with all that new fangled setup - I decided to play conservative... hey stuart and charlie, thx for the launch assist. bob, good to see you've recovered. cu out there