Lost KiteBoard - Alameda - 4/15/08 @ 5 pm

Reunite gear with owners here.
reyrivera
Old School
Old School
Lost KiteBoard - Alameda - 4/15/08 @ 5 pm

Post by reyrivera » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Okay, I had one of my best kiteboarding session today in Alameda.

Unfortunately, I biffed my toe side turn and I got hurled far away from my board. I tried body dragging back to it, I was too far away to get it, eventually lost track of it about 20-30 yards in front of Shell gate street. :( :(

Its a 2006 Cabrinha Custom 138, Ace of Spades design, and lots of audio related stickers: Mesa Boogie sticker, Universal Audio sticker, and some Santa Cruz local bands sticker, also an old Santa Cruz surf shop sticker. It also got my name and number laser etched on a white plastic tag and bolted near my footpads. The footpads are white Liquid Force foot pads with adjustable straps.

The board's beat up, probably not worth that much, but its a very nice ride.

Thanks in advance for helping a fellow kiter out.

Rey Rivera

B-tal
Joey
Joey

Post by B-tal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:00 pm

Ray I can't believe I didn't see you out there...had a killer session with my son Brenan today. Saw Ollie, Kevin, Yuri, bunch of folk out there (sure you noticed there was kinda of a crowd out there, but no Rey.

Heck Bren even got beamed on the head at the sand box...

Hope someone returns your board buddy...

Kirk

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Post by KirkTalon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Ups...posted on my sons loggin...
RRD, Mystic

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:09 pm

Hey Kirk,

I was on my red with black and white stripes 12 meter link. I stayed farther away from everybody else, there were a lot of people body dragging near shore. I was riding past the shack and then do a down wind ride slightly past the Berkely experiment buoys, and then go back up again.

What colors were you riding?

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Post by KirkTalon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:39 pm

Red and Grey Waroo...budy are you going to give me the Wadell guided tour...I think I am ready to give it a go on a non epic day...
RRD, Mystic

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:37 am

Well, at least I saw two red waroos, one shot downwind as soon as he stood up on his board, so you must be the one near the shack. I was helping a beginner friend of mine tune his new 12 meter switchblade. First time he took it out he was complaining it did not have any power. Adjusted it, road it near the shack, and gave it back to him, told him no problem. He just did not set it up correctly.

Well, I gotta stop losing my board before I get to Waddell, and/or get better at my body dragging board retrieval skills. My goal is to ride there late Spring, early Summer, definitely ankle spanker wave conditions. I'll let you know when I'm good and ready for open water.

Of course I can support you on land if you decide you want to go earlier than that. Let me know if you want to do that so I can bring a couple of surf boards just in case somebody needs help. I gotta start earning my keep over there. I don't mind hanging out there anyway, specially if the Caution crew is out there.

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Post by KirkTalon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:51 am

Buddy, you know what...just dawn on me...let's go for a surf...What do you say to a little longboarding??? You know summer and all...But hey send me a note next time you are going to Alameda or Sherman, well shoot the s&*# about glassing techniques and go win some new kites....hehehehehe
RRD, Mystic

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:59 am

I'll be in Alameda Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for sure. My sister and brother in law are working over the weekend, so I get to crash at their house all weekend.

I've gotten better at glassing fiberglass surfboards. If its the whole board, no problem, I can glass it like a pro. But if its a ding repair, the technique that I lack is the final stage where you put in the gloss. I just can't get the seam merge properly. So my ding repairs are waterproof, but very visible because it does not have the desired gloss.

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:21 pm

I forgot, I wanna thank Adam, Mark, Julian, and Mike Concepcion for helping me look for my board last night. Even though we came up empty handed, I really appreciate the assist. Glad to know there's always a crew ready to help you out.