Travel Forum

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Travel Forum

Post by OliverG » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:12 am

Share your travel experiences, pictures and recommendations here. Not all trips involve kiteboarding! :)

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Anyone going to LaVentana this winter?

Post by bdawg » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:13 am

I am thinking about going to laventana this winter but will probably be solo. So I was wondering if anyone else was going to split some costs. Like cab fair from la paz to la ventana. Airfairs that i have been scoping are less than $400. I planned on staying at baja joes $30 a night for a bunk bed. I was thinking 10 days for the trip.

I emailed baja joes and they said that november is the best time to go. less crowds and good wind. I was thinking more around the middle of winter when i will be really jonesn' for some session time.

Is anybody planning on going or interested in going?

Blair

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:33 am

You will love it there. Joe and Angie are really fine hosts. By the time you pay for cabs to and from the LaPaz airport it may be cheaper overall to fly to Cabo and rent a car/drive. Then you're mobile for snorkeling, etc. while you're there. There's also killer hiking to the falls which requires a car, they'll fill you in. Also, there's adult entertainment in LaPaz (I've heard). :oops:
Go bigga'

bhsu24
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bhsu24 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:33 pm

I will be going to San Felipe / Nuevo Mazatlan / Baja Mexico and im curious on the kiting there. Has anyone been kiting there? how is the wind in the end of march? beaches, direction... etc.

bryan
Bryan

gomez71
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gomez71 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:29 pm

I will be going to Maui this summer with my family, I know that Maui is kiteboarding mekka. Any sugestions on places that may be good for beginers. I would hate to cutoff some big pro dude and get my but kicked.

Robert

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:41 am

gomez71 wrote:I will be going to Maui this summer with my family, I know that Maui is kiteboarding mekka. Any sugestions on places that may be good for beginers. I would hate to cutoff some big pro dude and get my but kicked.

Robert
Rob,

If you get the standard trade winds, the best place is upper Kanaha beach just up from Ka'a Point. Most people who are spooked about launching at Ka'a point where all the pro's ride usually launch just upwind and it all works out OK. It's not likely during the summer that you'd get Kona-type winds which would dictate kiting at Kihei, but if you do, it's good there too. I think I posted some info about it here somewhere. Let me know as you get closer to going and I'll fill you in on all the info you'll need for the trip.

Ollie