Insane Car crash i saw last night.

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin
Insane Car crash i saw last night.

Post by Loscocco » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:10 pm

I saw this last night... and about a week ago was the last car to make it thru a 10+ car pileup on 101. VERY Scary!!
Drive safe people .. even then you never know when something might happen.

Last night at about 2 am i was having dinner at Yuet Lee Chinese in SF on the corner of Broadway and Stockton with a group of friends. Near the Broadway tunnel

We hear this REALLLLY loud crashing banging and sound just outside. Like an entire semi truck full of pipes falling off onto concrete or all the scaffolding on a large building falling down.

it went on for like 30 seconds as this all unfolded

Some guy in a big Toyota Tundra pickup truck..... was doing almost 100 mph down Broadway out of the Broadway Tunnel.
He got to the intersection and you know how the crosswalks are kinda a little angled and the street is flat? He locked up his brakes and he hit that little angle at full speed
Went all the way airborne.. went OVER a Honda Civic... and a taxi cab that were in the intersection... ripping off parts of the roof off both cars and smashing the windows
then still in the air it rear ended a Ford Explorer that was driving down the street at a normal speed.

it hit so hard that the Ford Explorer bounced and hit a parked truck....

the Ford Exporer hit the parked truck so hard that THAT truck bounced up in the air.. hit a tree and flipped over.. taking out several parking meters.

meanwhile the Toyota Tundra that caused it all was now rolling like 20 times over for an entire block
and some guys driving up the street saw it rolling down the street right at them
and he put his car in reverse really fast and reverses as the rolling truck tumbled toward him.

finally almost 2 blocks later the truck lands on its roof

I mean these cars were SOOO smashed up you could hardly recognize them, 2 cars and 4 trucks
just one guy was taken away in an ambulance pretty bad.. but not like missing arms and legs
prolly in the hospital for a few weeks and more
but if you saw this.... seriously we were ready to pull out dead bodies. It actually showed how effective new cars are with crumple zones and passenger protection,

it was straight outta universal studios or the Matrix or Bourne ultimatum

people that saw it were like "CUT" next take
and it was seriously was outta a crazy movie

PICS

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/241 ... 08.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2125/241 ... 35.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3137/241 ... 76.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/241 ... 69.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/241 ... 8a.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2057/241 ... b0.jpg?v=0
Last edited by Loscocco on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Post by KirkTalon » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Hey I see this stuff everyday...Been a fireman for 25 years and have cut more cars and gotten more people out of tangled twisted metal than the law allows.
In one second your life can change for ever and at times through no fault of your own. Messing with your Ipod, talking on the phone, or speeding like a maniac only to save a few seconds to your destination is not worth putting your life, your families or strangers lives in jeopardy.

If you are going to risk your neck do it attempting to do an Ollie like kite loop...just make sure as poor geeks aren't within reach of your lines as you launch....

Be safe out there...

Kirk

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:59 pm

I guess I'm glad i opted for the Toyota Tundra. Soudns like it held up pretty well. Sounds intense.

downhiller
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by downhiller » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:51 am

Yah, I saw a motorcycle chase/crash with a motorcycle going around 100 mph, a car pulled out and the motorcyle and the motorcyclist fliped over the car. Then in like final destination, the motorcyclist skids on the ground to finally a stop... He gets up and starts running but then a cop tackles him. His motorcycle was totalled and it made me not ever want to ride a motorcycle, seeing how easy they flip....

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:35 am

dude. you take TONS of kite pics. You've got a great eye with the camera... and you didn't take a SINGLE PICTURE OF THE CRASH!?

what the hell man? where's the love?

you can't go describing a crash like that and not have any pictures. especially from you, mr. really good photographer....

in other news. anyone hear about the guy who got shot in his car on 280 in sf? 2 kids in the back, just driving along, shot dead in rush our traffic.
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 am

adamrod wrote:dude. you take TONS of kite pics. You've got a great eye with the camera... and you didn't take a SINGLE PICTURE OF THE CRASH!?

what the hell man? where's the love?

you can't go describing a crash like that and not have any pictures. especially from you, mr. really good photographer....

in other news. anyone hear about the guy who got shot in his car on 280 in sf? 2 kids in the back, just driving along, shot dead in rush our traffic.
Haha i actually had my kite cam in my pocket but the battery was completely dead because i had spent the afternon out at Crissy. I know.... my friend took some with his iphone that i will put up.
And about that shooting on 280... i was driving northbound on 280 home rom work and saw the aftermoath of tht one. Very tragic. Go fly a kite people!!

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:23 am

double post. please delete

MehYam
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by MehYam » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:23 am

I dunno why people use the road for extreme sport. Driving a little fast and sporty is one thing, but I was on 880 south last year late at night, traffic was a little light, and then suddenly this guy on a bike screams past me. He must have had a fast sport bike, and for all I can say he was wide open doing twice my speed. It seemed like he was a speck on the horizon in seconds. Was pretty obvious that he was out to kill himself and maybe take someone else.

A couple of days later I hear about a biker who, at very high speed, smacked into another vehicle on 880 and died instantly. May or may not have been the same person, but it's hard to feel sympathy in either case. Stupid stupid stupid.

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:49 am

yeah i remember years ago driving up Highway 5 doing the usual 80+ when i saw some guy in a Mustang sped past me ON THE SHOLDER like i was standing still. Easily doing 130+ I was thinking that he was gonna crash.
Sure enough a few minutes later i drove past his car totaled off in the median.

marujo:
Yeah i know this kinda stuff happenes every day which is way somethign like what i saw was not even on the news. I drive a LOT for work and do see stuff like this several times a week but this was a little worse than usual
I am sure being a firefighter you have seen a lot more and probably worse.. i its not something i could do.

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Post by KirkTalon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Loscocco

I swear to you this is no lie...The other day I see this dude driving a huge 250 Ford Truck, had a cup of coffee in one hand, a cell phone in the other and (this is the kicker) A FRIGGIN LAPTOP PROPED on his rather large belly!!!

Twenty five years working FD, ER and Ambulance and just when you think you have seen it all DipS&%^& drives by and makes me get on my cell phone to call the CHP...

Love, live, smile...PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS and hope some Karmic benevolence keeps you out of harms way...

I sure am rooting for all of my tribe and your beautiful families...and there is absolutely no sarcasm here.