SoulFly Dvd Review Coming Soon

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
SoulFly Dvd Review Coming Soon

Post by OliverG » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:46 pm

Review Posted: It can be viewed here.

Peter Trow and Trowvisions latest film creation, Soul Fly has arrived here at Bay Area Kiteboarding and we've got our resident wave hound on the case checking out this latest release for review. If his previous release Strung Out is any indication, we're in for a treat!

From www.soulflydvd.com:

"Join 2004 world champion Aaron Hadlow, female wave ripper Ammy Naff, pro surfer turned kiter Josh Mulcoy, film maker Peter Trow and others on a wave rich journey to the enchanted waters of the Caribbean, deep into dusty Baja, and along California's diverse coastline. Filmed in colorful 16mm film and professional DV, Soul Fly captures the essence of wave kiting as well as a look into the progression of freestyle riding. Experience this intriguing ride into the wind, the waves, travel and soul."

Last edited by OliverG on Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:20 am

Can't wait...I should have a copy waiting at my house when I return from Mex. I saw Pete here and there all over the country last year. He took his time with this one and I'm sure it will show. Pete is one of the few that know what real wave riding is and I'm sure he was picky about the footage that made the cut. He also said he wanted to make a movie his mom could watch...similar to the way I feel about video production...make something for everyone, not just the core.

Can't wait to watch this one!
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:09 pm

Peter is very talented and has dominated the Cali wave-scene from Day One. I first met him when he was a teenager at Windsurfing Berkeley back in the day. And now he's world famous. I also love the packaging for this DVD-- same artist that did the graphics on my new Stretch custom. Sweet.

Also, if you get a chance, review your copy of "Air Sickness" by Brian Caserio and crew. Trow did the music on that vid and the crash sequences set to classical music are first rate. Can't wait to see the new one. Let me know if/when it arrives.
Go bigga'