Electric kite pump purchase

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:31 pm

Sounds like it might be a more viable option going that route.

But I just want a super turbo boost from the wind! I can pump my own kite! :rolleyes:

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:46 pm

That would be nice Ollie. Just came back from Crissy. At least we got to play with the new RRD Type ZH, set up the 5th line etc. This kite is so amazingly steady. Parked it on the side at the beach, a bit underpowered and it sat there waiting. Turning was noticeably fast also!

Windsurfer-Resurrection - Feel free to call us and discuss the pricing options.

Good winds to all (hopefully soooooooon)

Evan - Live2KITE
(415) 722-7884

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:44 pm

Live2KITE wrote:That would be nice Ollie. Just came back from Crissy. At least we got to play with the new RRD Type ZH, set up the 5th line etc. This kite is so amazingly steady. Parked it on the side at the beach, a bit underpowered and it sat there waiting. Turning was noticeably fast also!

Windsurfer-Resurrection - Feel free to call us and discuss the pricing options.

Good winds to all (hopefully soooooooon)

Evan - Live2KITE
(415) 722-7884
I'll vouch for that. I grabbed that kite from Marcello today and held it in one hand with no harness and it just sat there. I put it in places where most kites would fall backwards and it just waited for more input. Not quite sure how to describe this kite...wasn't quite high aspect, wasn't really low aspect...more stable than any kite I have flown to date. RRD is definetly upping the game this year...
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

skysalr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by skysalr » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:55 am

Hey Evan,

If I am offering to sell the super turbo direct from Scoprega at cost to a few local riders, why would you go out of you way to suggest that they buy at something over cost from you? I appreciate your willingness to take on the shipping and warranty issues because, knowing a lot about these pumps, I know that if something goes awry, 'you' will be the one fixing it and how long it takes Scoprega to evaluate a problem and send parts. I wonder if you have gone through that yet.

Anyway, if your prices are in the $150 region and you can warrant the pumps on a 1-day turnaround, which I could never do (or come close to), I would also recommend riders buy them from you.

Jack

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:54 am

skysalr wrote:Hey Evan,

If I am offering to sell the super turbo direct from Scoprega at cost to a few local riders, why would you go out of you way to suggest that they buy at something over cost from you? I appreciate your willingness to take on the shipping and warranty issues because, knowing a lot about these pumps, I know that if something goes awry, 'you' will be the one fixing it and how long it takes Scoprega to evaluate a problem and send parts. I wonder if you have gone through that yet.

Anyway, if your prices are in the $150 region and you can warrant the pumps on a 1-day turnaround, which I could never do (or come close to), I would also recommend riders buy them from you.

Jack
Just pay the extra 30 bucks and get one from Naish Hawaii. They have one of the best warrantee programs in the biz.

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:21 pm

Jack,
Call me to discuss when you have a moment.
We have a few pumps in stock so next day turnaround is surely possible.
(415) 722-7884 or evan@live2kite.com
Goodwinds,
Evan - Live2KITE

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Can we (or can we not) get the best pump you guys have found for $150?
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:33 pm

pipedragon wrote:
Just pay the extra 30 bucks and get one from Naish Hawaii. They have one of the best warrantee programs in the biz.
They are all made by the same company; retail brand doesn't matter, so I'd suggest getting them from whoever can provide them at the best cost for all parties involved who want to team up and get one. Warranty is important, so no matter who carries them, you want to make sure you get a new one without any hassles. Someone posted on Ikite that they ordered one from Naish Hawaii and it blew up after five uses - hopefully a fluke.

But the best warranty for a kite inflator is save the money, not have one at all, not be lazy and pump up your kites yourself with some elbow grease! :rolleyes:

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:23 pm

I tried the super turbo blow, the higher pressure one from NSI

I tried it on my 16m, very nice, you do not need a hand pump at all, I set the regulator on high 11.5 max
for the struts and 7psi for the leading edge and man is that alot, it was like a cement wall.

The pump weights 11 lbs, and actually feels pretty dam heavy and will require an extra trip from the car.

I figure it will pump up 4, 16m kites on each charge.

The lower pressure version probally would be enough for the leading edge but not enough pressure for the struts, They are the same size, the high pressure version has a yellow case, the lower pressure version has a green case

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:26 am

Hey guys,
I guess my previous post didn't go through.
Jack - call me up to talk about details.
We have the pumps in stock so next day delivery is no problem for us.
Regarding warrantee we are local so you can't beat that!

We are supporting the local kiteboarding community in multiple ways, and are happy to offer volume discounts!

You can call me at (415) 722-7884 to finalize pricing and details.

Hope to see y'all during the Southerlies this weekend.

Evan - Live2KITE