Japan kiting?

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
glenn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by glenn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:36 pm

We loved the Japanese food, which was one of the best parts of the trip. My personal favorite was a sushi breakfast at the Tokyo fish market. We went there around 5AM. Didn't try Mos Burger.
The air temp was not too bad for the first part of the week - around 45-50 degrees F. The water temp in Tokyo Bay was a little colder than SF Bay. The water in Tenryu River was colder than Tokyo Bay, but the ocean temp was warmer than the bay and river. My 4/3 with an underlayer and a hood, boots and gloves was perfectly toasty.

Later on in the week, we made a trip to Kyoto and the temperature dropped. It snowed for two days but luckily I didn't plan on kiting those days. Kyoto was a very interesting experience. We stayed and ate authentic Japanese food at a Ryoken (old style Japanese hotel)

gideonlow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by gideonlow » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:41 am

glenn wrote:For anyone interested, the Japan trip and kiting adventure was a ton of fun. I can provide detailed info about Hamamatsu, which turned out to be a killer location. I also kited near Chiba.
Glenn,

I'd love to hear more about your thoughts & experiences Kiting in Japan as I have to travel there on a regular basis for biz. Mostly I'm in Tokyo and have thought about Chiba . . . but would be open to some traveling when I stay through a weekend.

On another note . . . it looks like I have to spend a week or 10 days in India next month. Has anyone ever kited there??? I hear there are some great beaches/islands in the far south.

Cheers,

Gideon

super_monkey
Regular
Regular

Post by super_monkey » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Glenn,

I'd love to hear more about your thoughts & experiences Kiting in Japan as I have to travel there on a regular basis for biz. Mostly I'm in Tokyo and have thought about Chiba . . . but would be open to some traveling when I stay through a weekend.

On another note . . . it looks like I have to spend a week or 10 days in India next month. Has anyone ever kited there??? I hear there are some great beaches/islands in the far south.

Cheers,

Gideon
One word, Maldives :)