Electric kite pump purchase

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
skysalr
Contributor
Contributor
Electric kite pump purchase

Post by skysalr » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:41 pm

We have an arrangement with Scoprega of Italy to buy their electric kite pumps at distributor cost. Clearly a local club isn't going to put a big dent in worldwide sales. We purchased a couple of pumps to check them out and they are pretty damned great. We haven't determined just how many kites the pump can do on a single charge, but it pumps up my North R15 16m pretty fast. You can set the desired pressure on the front and the pump will shut off when it reaches that setting. There are two pump motors, one for low pressure high volume and the other for high pressure low volume. The pump automatically shifts from low pressure to high pressure as needed. It comes in a bag with a strap and has a car charger cord and we buy it with a house current charger. It also has a pretty sturdy hose and fittings.

We can get them for 85 euros plus shipping from Italy. In our first purchase that worked out to $150 for everything. NSI is selling them for $190. I haven't heard of anyone else selling them in the U.S.

I am trying to put together a group of interested kiters in the bay area. If you would like to purchase one at this price send me a note (jhodgesatmb@comcast.net). I will send an order when I have 10 people interested. I can send a link to the specs if you want.

Jack

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:59 am

I'm in, just sent you an e-mail.
Go bigga'

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:15 am

I am interested too.

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:17 am

make shure the house chargers are 110volts not european 220volt.

Nsi wants $189

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:22 pm

I jut got the Naish version for $189 from Naish Hawaii. $40 savings is not much.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:55 pm

pipedragon wrote:I jut got the Naish version for $189 from Naish Hawaii. $40 savings is not much.
Well, since yours says "Naish" on it, I'm sure the $40 was trivial. O:)

skysalr
Contributor
Contributor

Electric pump followup

Post by skysalr » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:19 pm

I have seen a photograph of the "Naish" version. That pump is also a Scoprega but if it is the blue one it is the lower end Scoprega and pumps only to a maximum of 7.5 psi. That is ok for all main bladders but if you want to pump struts too (and don't have an octopus setup) then it might not pump the struts high enough. The North kites I use have the strut pressure stamped on the kite as 10 psi.

The Scoprega BST 12 Kite (the yellow one) pumps to a maximum of 12 psi. We chose this pump because it is more pressure than we need and we wanted to make sure the pump would have more guts in it than we needed. Also, it has a pressure regulator that automatically switches from low to high pressure and automatically shuts off when it reaches that pressure, so for kiters it is both a safety benefit and a guarantee that you won't overpump.

We have already done a test order and the chargers were 110v and work fine.

Jack

charlieoneseven

electric pumps

Post by charlieoneseven » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:01 pm

I'm just atarting out with these kites and love the gadgets that these sports come with. When I bought my first inflatable the guys said they had wore their arms out before hitting the water just hand pumping them up so I can apprecate why these electric pumps are popular.
Kitesurfari carries a small 110v rechargeable one by coleman that sells for 34.95 it fills the rib bladders to about 90% and the leading edge to 75% I then have to switch to the hand pump to finish them off so there is no worries about overfilling or hearing anything pop while I'm distracted with something else. They have those other ones with a pressure setting dial too but for the extra money saved I will break out the hand pump for now.

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:43 pm

Hey guys,
We sell both the Turbo and Super Turbo,and would be happy to offer a volume discount to our local riders.

Live2KITE Electric Pumps Link

Keep in mind that with a volume purchase you will need to officially import the goods in the US.
So the costs will climb with hiring an importer, customs, taxes etc.
Also, make sure that you are covered with warranty when you buys them from Italy. Keep in mind that each weighs 22pds!

Anyway, I'd be happy to discuss a volume discount with you.
Ciao,
Evan - Live2KITE

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:57 pm

Cool Live2Kite please spell out how much you want if 10 of us want a super turbo boost from NSI and how much if we have 15 or 20 buyers.
Thank You.