Ollie writing for the mag!?!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:54 am

fearlu wrote:I gotta' funny story to tell you guys...
I know you do....
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:40 pm

Gabe it is not obvious to me were the link is to there survey?

My input is to not leave out a major brand because they do not by a full page ad, I saw this happen in "Windsport Magazine last summer" when they were reviewing sails, they completly ignored Gaastra, in there review,comparison of gear.

I also would like to see a history of the different companies and who the main players are behind them, including who owns them, and if they are affiliated with other buisness that make other products have nothing to do with windsurfing or kiteboarding, who the money men are, were the kites are made. A tour of the factories, etc.

A survey of what brands are most popular at certain venues around the world.

An anaylesis of the maturity of the industry, competition, brands we have never heard of in the Bay area etc.

Thanks

Jeff

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:26 pm

windsurfer-resurrection wrote:Gabe it is not obvious to me were the link is to there survey?
It's not obvious at all but it is there. It's the "The Kiteboard Magazine wants to send you to the Dominican Republic".

http://www.kbmag.com/contest_dr.asp

Get to express your opinion to the magazine's editor, get a free mag (I got one!), and BONUS entered into a trip to DR.

- Josh

gomez71
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gomez71 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:47 pm

I just wanted to thank Ollie and Gabe and all the other people that work hard to get the info out to the people. Ollie this site is awesome, I really enjoy loging on an reading about people that I have ridden with.
you guys have relly helped out in educating us rookies and making this a better kiteboarding comunity.

Thanks
Robert Gomez =D>

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:44 pm

windsurfer-resurrection wrote:Gabe it is not obvious to me were the link is to there survey?

My input is to not leave out a major brand because they do not by a full page ad, I saw this happen in "Windsport Magazine last summer" when they were reviewing sails, they completly ignored Gaastra, in there review,comparison of gear.

I also would like to see a history of the different companies and who the main players are behind them, including who owns them, and if they are affiliated with other buisness that make other products have nothing to do with windsurfing or kiteboarding, who the money men are, were the kites are made. A tour of the factories, etc.

A survey of what brands are most popular at certain venues around the world.

An anaylesis of the maturity of the industry, competition, brands we have never heard of in the Bay area etc.

Thanks

Jeff
Great points!

Our Gear Guide is coming up next issue and we have given every manufacturer the opportunity to highlight their gear.

On the Innovators and designers, you hit the nail on the head...stay tuned to future issues for interviews and profiles of the creators of our kites.

There is actually a section on our website that says something like "send your comments to the editor" that is another option or just email editor@kbmag.com

Thanks for the comments.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...