Possible Frontal wind 2/18 or 2/19 according to iwindsurf?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
consumer
Regular
Regular
Possible Frontal wind 2/18 or 2/19 according to iwindsurf?

Post by consumer » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:56 pm

According to Iwindsurf we may get a strong SEer on saturday and part of friday, if so i'll see you guys at Half moon, if it turns SW i'll see you guys at Alameda.

gomez71
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gomez71 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:51 pm

I have never ridden at Half Moon Bay,If anybody wants to give a tutorial
it would be apreciated.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:16 pm

There was something happening today around Alameda but it never got going. It seemed pretty off shore. I will definitly make the drive to Half moon if there is wind. The beaches there are fun and wide open. Never kited there but it look beautiful. =D> BTW I am finnaly getting an office at work that convienently points out over Berkeley Marina. I have DSL at work and I am going to work on a Camera. I will post more details as soon as I can.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:49 am

iwindsurf looks like it skipped the frontal on friday,, but still looks like it MAY happen on SATURDAY, may happen because their forecasts are quite unaccurate unless its the night before, or even morning before.

IF A SE'er hits Half Moon Bay(the shore sensor), don't bother riding at the open beach its a MESS, as far as the ocean goes, unless youre into really really messy ocean, go up highway 1 a bit to the harbor(you'll know what im talking about because its right south of mavericks, but more importantly its surrounded by a rock jetty, and it will be the only one of its kind in the area, so you'll know when you see it, right after that small airstrip if you are coming South on the 1 from SF.

there are two places to launch from at the harbor, one at either end, i personally prefer the smaller closer launch at the southern end, but you can drive around and there is another beach at the northern point, where you must pump and walk up to the edge of the jetty.

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:51 am

oh that above post was me,

and one more thing i should add, its not exactly a beginners spot you should know how to go upwind, there is a little bit of downwind space but not huge amounts, and if you manage to go out in the middle of the harbor there are many boats downwind and in the very middle there is a second rock jetty wall thing(like an island) in the middle, its a wierd setup, but its FUN because the jetty makes the water super super flat.