Look n ahead i see ColoR

Local weather resources and topics.
windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:23 am

I just wanna know why the mcdonalds flags blow when no others do. Maybe they are just cheap material! Gets me all hot and bothered when i drive home, then a block away-nothing!

funkiatdabeech
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by funkiatdabeech » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:11 pm

i noticed that too Yuri. same thing - flags are blowing at MacDo, but its nothing after the Post Office..... weird.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:09 pm

All i know is if that means there is a 20' wide channel of wind always blowing there, i am gonna try and kite in it! :)

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:39 pm

blow'n like a SOB here all day..
Straight out of the West- right at the sea-wall I'm constructing... ONE LONG DAY..

and to add I had the fire another worker. big/cocky bloke too- thought I was going to get a nice can of whoop-a$$ dealing with the guy.. After I give him the word he starts playing some imtimadation racket on me.. I find out at the end of the day he's quite the skroundral from my other worker and that everyones afraid of him.. kinda scary stuff..
oh well- he's gone and I still have intack teeth (thank god)

Hope you guys (and gals!) are having FUN!!!!
G.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:21 pm

You should carry your kite bar in your back pocket for protection.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:08 am

naugh, better to just put a stop to it before it gets that far, besides I actually liked Fred. He started out as a sharp-likeable-friendly guy, we chatted a few times between waiting out rain storms- interesting personal histroy (not sure it was all true).
Furthermore, I was mistaken that my other worker, Jean-Claude was friends with him (recommended him), seems Jean-Claude acted friendly to him because he's afraid Fred would hurt him in some way (I put Jean Claude in charge of Fred while I was away running erronds, dont know what was happening while I was gone but it was clear it wasn't working out after a few days)..
I guess I should have known something was up when I found he normallly worked for Floid Sawyer (a notorous ex-drug smuggler that runs a highly profitable and high quality construction company with an iron fist). When Fred got up in my face telling me he was "Boss-Mason" etc.. I know he was out of controll and probably one of Floids strong-men.
This might sound weird but now that "hurricain-mode" has subsided and the construction companys/workers are looking for work instead of never returning calls because they a rolling in money the local population is tranzformed to the rat pack.. But that is what happens in a closed society with limited resources..
Anyway, alls well. Wind is blowing/ stormy, maybe I'll get to kite..
G.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:43 pm

I almost played the hookey-card and headed for the coast today but I'm glad I waited. Not much cookin' as of 1:30 PM.

Anybody thinkin' tomorrow will be good at the coast? (Hack, cough, sneeze...)
Go bigga'

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Seems like the best wind is going to hit during the night...They're still calling for 15-25 on Sat, though.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:29 pm

hm is blowing.. i think im going there now..
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:45 pm

Dave, Carnegie ruled today, alittle muddy for me but you would haveloved it. FYI they are closed Fri-sun. for an uphill event.