1st Annual Lake Tahoe Snowkite Demo Day

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
tms1
Contributor
Contributor
1st Annual Lake Tahoe Snowkite Demo Day

Post by tms1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 am

The First Annual Lake Tahoe Snowkite Demo Day is scheduled for March 8th from 12-4 at the Mt Rose Meadows. Sponsored by Tahoe Mountain Sports, Ozone, and Slingshot, participants will have the chance to try all the new gear, get some free lessons, and talk to other snowkiters from around the region. For those new to snowkiting, start with an introduction to snowkiting group lesson then put up a trainer kite and start practicing. Experienced snowkiters can try out the latest and greatest kites like the Ozone Access XC, Frenzy, and Manta and the Slingshot Ranger and hopefully some Revs.
We will also be offerring a advanced snowkite clinic with Ozone Team Rider Ken Lucas. The cost for this will be $50 for a two hour clinic and preregistration is required.

We will also have all the Ozone and Slingshot kites, Ozone XC harness, and the Mystic Blazer harness for demo and sale. We would like to encourage folks to make a whole weekend out of it and go riding as a group on Sunday if there is good wind. We have a ton of spots to choose from including some that have been recently scoped and not talked about yet.

The entire event is free and open to the public although participants must sign a liability waiver before using any equipment. For more information and directions to Mount Rose Meadows go to www.TahoeMountainSports.com

Sorry for the duplicate post, but thought it was worthy of its own topic!

powderhound
Contributor
Contributor

Post by powderhound » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:43 pm

Yes, I am wanting to get into snowkiting, so I will be there.

also do you know if you should bring like skies or something?

tms1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tms1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:50 pm

Yes, bring skis or a snowboard, whatever you are more comfortable on.
See you there!

eag
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by eag » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:36 pm

There is a ton of snow in Mt Rose Meadows, I was up there yesterday. It should be great conditions for the demo with nice smooth coverage.

Dave at Tahoe Mountain Sports is a good source for area snowkiting, pay him a visit when you're in North Lake.

snowkitegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snowkitegirl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:53 am

Hey All, Brian here with Ozone Kites USA...

I am loading up the Ozone van and heading west this weekend, spending Saturday/ Sunday in Tahoe with Dave and the crew at TMS.... then south to Mammoth Monday-Tuesday for more Snowkiting.

I'll have the 2008 Manta II, Frenzy FX, and the new line of Instincts to fly. The Edge II with one pump has become our favorite LEI on the snow, taking first place in last weeks US Open Kitercross races.

Try the new kites for yourself and join the fun in Lake Tahoe this weekend. See you there!!

Windzup,
Brian Schenck