Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
It looks like tomorrow might be a great day to snowkite. I'm planning on going to the north shore, so Martis Meadows or Tahoe Meadows (Mt Rose) are the spots I plan to be at. If there's no wind or it's inconsistant, then I'll probably hit the resort for half-day. Pondering going south shore as well... Grass lake or Hope. If anyone is down to meet up and join me, shoot me a PM tonight.
For what should be epic snowkiting, consider joining us in Utah for the US Snowkite Masters event on the weekend on March 1 & 2. Several of us are going and it should be great conditions and lots of fun.
http://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/abou ... t=snowkite
I am going up to tahoe this weekend and I am going to bring my kite. I have a 2.5 meter kite. It is only 2 lines, but I was wondering if when it is reversed if I could turn the bar once over and pull to one side to bring it up?
Downhiller I have to let You know that Your kite is useless in Tahoe conditions. You will have to use depower there as winds R usually very gusty and minimum size should be 8m. As far as conditions on grass lake We have now melted snow that is frozen so get ready for tough traction unless We will get few inches of snow.As far as depth it probably is now more than 6'.From highway it looks very shinny in sun and worm Tahoe days. We will go to Utah as well with few friends.That is event You don't want to miss for sure.
The First Annual Lake Tahoe Snowkite Demo Day is scheduled for March 8th from 12-4 at the Mt Rose Meadows. Sponsored by Tahoe Mountain Sports, Ozone, and Slingshot, participants will have the chance to try all the new gear, get some free lessons, and talk to other snowkiters from around the region. For those new to snowkiting, start with an introduction to snowkiting group lesson then put up a trainer kite and start practicing. Experienced snowkiters can try out the latest and greatest kites like the Ozone Access XC, Frenzy, and Manta and the Slingshot Ranger and hopefully some Revs.
We will also be offerring a advanced snowkite clinic with Ozone Team Rider Ken Lucas. The cost for this will be $50 for a two hour clinic and preregistration is required.
We will also have all the Ozone and Slingshot kites, Ozone XC harness, and the Mystic Blazer harness for demo and sale. We would like to encourage folks to make a whole weekend out of it and go riding as a group on Sunday if there is good wind. We have a ton of spots to choose from including some that have been recently scoped and not talked about yet.
The entire event is free and open to the public although participants must sign a liability waiver before using any equipment. For more information and directions to Mount Rose Meadows go to www.TahoeMountainSports.com
Anyone gonna be up for some kiting this weekend... as of now Sunday looks hopeful. NE winds are forecast in S. Lake according to iKitesurf. But who knows, I think winter wind forecasting is pretty unpredictable.
But if it does hold true, I'm thinking the meadow in the keys (close to my ski lease) might have some steadier winds coming from the lake... anyway pm or e-mail me if you are gonna be out there. Would love some company.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest