Windwing Rapture Video

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Windwing Rapture Video

Post by OliverG » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:07 pm

Looks like the Windwing Rapture is available for purchase online now.
There's a video they posted of it flying: http://www.windwing.com/images/videos/Rapturevid.mov

"The all-new Windwing Rapture represents a REVELATION in kite design. The Rapture concept is the product of an evolution that far surpasses other kites in terms of safety, performance and simplicity. The Rapture combines the best of Windwing's kite features, including near 100% de-power on demand AND rear-line auto-relaunch capabilities. The Rapture also has the quick turning speed of a medium-aspect, wth the lift and boost of an extreme high-aspect kite -- all in one complete package."

Apparently this kite was five years in the making, check out the full info on it here: http://www.windexpress.com/Models/25

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Windwing Rapture Video

Post by wilzone » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:46 pm

Thanks for the post, dude. You are on it, we just put that up a few minutes ago. Good on you for bringing the latest news to your forum! =D>

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:50 pm

No problem, we try to stay current around here and have our spies posted. ;)

charlie
Old School
Old School

Fly one

Post by charlie » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:42 pm

i can not wait to fly mine.
got a 12 comeing.
charlie

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fly one

Post by wilzone » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:55 pm

charlie wrote:i can not wait to fly mine.
got a 12 comeing.
Charlie, You da Man! Yours was the first Rapture ordered via WindExpress. Congrats, dude, you are still a pioneer!

The factory is on Chinese New Year holiday for another 10 days or so, then your kite will be the first one out the door.

I hope you love it.

w

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:02 pm

thanks will
i still got an order wait n in my hold file for an rage 2 in a small size for
down patrol out in the tules.

:)
charlie

Kiteboardstud25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kiteboardstud25 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:52 am

hum, what to do since I just got the outrages? These kites just may have topped them. I really like the fact that they don't have any bridles and you can use the jumpstart system also. SWEET! Just wish I knew these were coming out when I got the outrages.

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:09 pm

Kiteboardstud25 wrote:hum, what to do since I just got the outrages? These kites just may have topped them. I really like the fact that they don't have any bridles and you can use the jumpstart system also. SWEET! Just wish I knew these were coming out when I got the outrages.
Dude, don't be bummed. The Outrage is still a totally sweet kite. Flash loves them, he has a quiver of Raptures, but he's not giving away his Outrages. Many times he still likes the Outrage better, it depends on the conditions and his mood. The Outrage gives more hang time than the Rapture, and it is easier to traditionally re-launch.
We still thing the Rage II is the best kite for most people most of the time, the Outrage is great if you like the high-aspect feel and performance. The Rapture is a little bit more of an un-known, as very few people have flown it. So far, so good, but it doesn't have the proven track record that the Rage II and Outrage have -- YET.

dentist

Post by dentist » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:04 pm

It looks to me like the RApture is the same idea and design as the Best BFK.

Am I right on this? Anyone

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:19 pm

if you mean the wide chord length then yea its exactly like the bfk in that aspect, and also the cabrinha contra, the C02, and their nitro or whatever other model they also did the widening to.