Good read(s)

All Off-Topic items not related to kiting can be posted here. Please post all For Sale items in the Classifieds Ads section.
Forum rules
Please post all For Sale items in the Classified Ads section. Thank you.
Greg
Old School
Old School
Good read(s)

Post by Greg » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:15 am

Some of you know I'm a little "out there" sometimes..

Thank each of you have who have brought some comfort in my times of ... (need, for lack of a better discription), THANK YOU for your understanding and patence!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For all of you that have a little extra time (and energy) I've been reading a few interesting books that make some things a bit more clear (to me)...

One book is : The POWER of NOW!
This book is about perhaps "a-bit soft" for some of the fellas and may be somewhat hard to swallow but if you can "absorb" the message it details "true-life" pretty well (imho)

Another interesting read is (probably better suited to the "Kite- Community as a whole): The Divenchy Method
This book is targeted to "thrill seekers" channeling there energy in POSITIVE WAYS... turning "defencency" on it's head...

They both hit me like a storm, peeling away layers of ONION, I hope you "ENJOY!"

Each of these books "may" be pre-viewed to some extent on the web for free.

Warm winds,
Greg

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:38 am

Greg, thanks for the recommendations-- they both look very interesting. I always appreciate a good reference on new books to read. I added them to my amazon cart this morning.
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:56 pm

OOp's
SPELLS ERROR (very surprizing coming form me!)

Davinci Method by: Garret Loporto

Question: Does this sound like anyone you know?

[highlight=red]Pg. 120 Cooperate with me or die![/highlight]

Because the DeVinci type sees in wholes, and thus sees how everyone can work seamlessly and interdependently, he is naturally cooperative and thus has a genius for mediating conflict and moving towards harmony. The DaVinci - Mathematial Genius and Nobel Laureate John Nash - showed how a DaVinci can even use math to express his profound longing for deep human interdependance and cooperation to be realized.

Also because the Theta DaVinci deals exclusively in wholes, and almost never in partials, competition becomes all-or-nothing - we are either cooperative and in harmony as 'one' or we are deeply seperate and in mortal combat as competitors. Thus competition is either fierce or not at all - while for Average or 'partial' types, competition can be limited and pleasant play with a tiny fragment of the death wish.

" To the Theta DaVinci type, the concept of compitition is so unnatural that if ingested and assimilated too deeply in their subconscious is deeply destructive. It results in spiltting off of their mind into fragments and fuels nerorsis and dissociative disorders. On the less extreme end of the spectrum, this deep seated fear of competition creates massive anxiety and preceived areas of seperation in their life. Separation is any area where you feel your interests and those of others diverge.

Remember that you run hot and cold with your perceptions, because you percieve in wholes. So when you see someone as being "with you", you experance great closeness to them. But when you see someone as "seperate and against you" that against-ness saturates your every perception of that person so thoroughly that you begin to see them as "evil".

Ultimately, the only thing that's really evil is the belief that others are truely seperate from you. Consequently, by holding to the conviction that you and your adversary are the same; you can heal almost any relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

reading this book has made a few of my "habits" seem so clear,
isnt life a trip,...
G.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:18 am

So has ANYONE actually read either of these books???
IF SO,
What IS your feedback?
G.