turks & caicos or exuma in February

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
jla
Contributor
Contributor
turks & caicos or exuma in February

Post by jla » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:03 pm

We are trying to plan our trip and were wondering if anyone has been to both locations for comparison. Two of us are advanced kiteboarders looking for flat water to practice tricks with easy fun waves also. We may have another person with us who needs lessons, never kited before. Is the wind the same in both places? Launches about the same? How does the wind compare to Cabarete? Same wind? Affordable accomodation? Been to all the websites already. Most likely going mid to third week of February.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:45 am

Turks and Caicos is a sweet vacation spot. I was there two springs ago maybe first week in march. I kited on a big kite2 out of seven days and on a 9m one other day. It's mostly big kite down there but plenty of other stuff to do. Getting to the waves it would be nice to have a support boat. I wouldn't go back to kite but I would go back and I'd bring a kite.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:20 am

Gabes discription is SPOT-ON on for wind expectations around Abaco also (Abaco is a coupla hundred miles further north- same chain of islands).
His wrap-up
I wouldn't go back to kite but I would go back and I'd bring a kite.
is perfect too..
A local web site: www.barometerbob.com may be used for further information.
Enjoy,
G.

jla
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jla » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks Gaby. Thanks Greg. Why is it so much windier in Cabarete when it is relatively close by? What about Las Terenas? I read that the wind there is 30% less than in Cabarete. We like going to places off the beaten path as far as kiteboarding. We had a great trip one year to the Yucatan. I would not call that a kiteboarding destination either but we got allot of good kiting in and it was a great vacation. How come nobody is saying anything about Exuma?

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Joey Why aren't you at the beach?The Yucatan is sweet if you go to the NW side. Haven't been to Exuma. Go to Puerto Rico...
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...